You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Education is a disaster"
Is education really a disaster in the US? (see below comments published at a site in Sweden)
I was under the impression that the US had some of the best educations in the world?
The cradle of of nails …
However, as you can see, the person who wrote that works for LE …

Everybody out there, is it really that bad?
(for your information, there are a lot of schools in Sweden that are really bad …)

Nancy

Celina Rydén
The most common thing I hear from my students in the United States is that their education is a disaster. In principle, they only learn how to not be sued by their customers and then thrown into the nail world and can hardly even build a nail (of course, this does not apply to all schools in the United States and this I base on all the years I met and talked with American NT's). Light Elegance in the United States has followed the Swedish model and runs LE University both online and in classrooms where you go through everything from scratch. Really well-educated education and when the therapists are done there, they are like Swedish students when they are trained. They hunger for more knowledge and really look forward to Swedish nail training.

salongeek.com/threads/education-is-a-disaster.325635/
I will certainly answer as best I could with my experience. I have lived in Arizona for years and have had my nail license since 2003. I can only speak for the state but as good as the teachers can be they are only required to teach you enough to pass state board. If you get anything extra from that you are lucky. We are held to a higher standard than apparently the NSS salons. Any extra education that I have gotten has been because I went to get it. You never stop learning and you always need to advance yourself. I am a cosmetology student now doing hair and it is basically the same thing — learn what you need to to pass state board. We do have teachers that go beyond but they are not required to. So seeking out brand education is the key. As for LE, I can’t wait to start their LE University. Their products are wonderful and so is the education. Find a brand you like and check out their education. Everything you learn will be post education. JMO ?
Angela
Angel
(10-13-2018, 12:02 PM)nailgalinaz Wrote: I will certainly answer as best I could with my experience.   I have lived in Arizona for years and have had my nail license since 2003.   I can only speak for the state but as good as the teachers can be they are only required to teach you enough to pass state board.   If you get anything extra from that you are lucky.   We are held to a higher standard than apparently the NSS salons.   Any extra education that I have gotten has been because I went to get it.   You never stop learning and you always need to advance yourself.  I am a cosmetology student now doing hair and it is basically the same thing — learn what you need to to pass state board.   We do have teachers that go beyond but they are not required to.   So seeking out brand education is the key.   As for LE,  I can’t wait to start their LE University.   Their products are wonderful and so is the education.   Find a brand you like and check out their education.   Everything you learn will be post education.  JMO ?

In Sweden you don´t even need to pass a state board ...in average, how many hours is a nailtech education in the US?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 3,645
12-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Last Post[email protected]
Replies: 12
Views: 18,247
09-27-2014, 09:15 AM