How to Build a Web Page..
How to Build a Web Page in 25 Steps
- Download a piece of Web authoring software - 20 minutes.
- Think about what you want to write on your Web page - 6 weeks.
- Download the same piece of Web authoring software, because they have released 3 new versions since the first time you downloaded it - 20 minutes.
- Decide to just steal some images and awards to put on your site - 1 minute.
- Visit sites to find images and awards, find 5 of them that you like - 4 days.
- Run setup of your Web authoring software. After it fails, download it again - 25 minutes.
- Run setup again, boot the software, click all toolbar buttons to see what they do - 15 minutes.
- View the source of others' pages, steal some, change a few words here and there - 4 hours.
- Preview your Web page using the Web Authoring software - 1 minute.
- Try to horizontally line up two related images - 6 hours.
- Remove one of the images - 10 seconds.
- Set the text's font color to the same color as your background, wonder why all your text is gone - 4 hours.
- Download a counter from your ISP - 4 minutes.
- Try to figure out why your counter reads "You are visitor number -16.3E10" - 3 hours.
- Put 4 blank lines between two lines of text - 8 hours.
- Fine-tune the text, then prepare to load your Web page on your ISP - 40 minutes.
- Accidentally delete your complete web page - 1 second.
- Recreate your web page - 2 days.
- Try to figure out how to load your Web page onto your ISP's server - 3 weeks.
- Call a patient friend to find out about FTP - 30 minutes.
- Download FTP software - 10 minutes.
- Call your friend again - 15 minutes.
- Upload your web page to your ISP's server - 10 minutes.
- Connect to your site on the web - 1 minute.
- Repeat any and all of the previous steps - eternity.