You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: Reorganize the forum - do we or do we not?
leave the forum the way it is
split the nailtech section into service related categories (to be determined)
split the nailtech section into service product line specific categories (to be determined)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reorganizing the forum - POLL
There is an on going thread asking if maybe we should split the NAILTECH section into maybe:
gels
acrylics
pictures
mani/pedi
whatever else I figure out Smile

I'd like your opinions here please.. 2 seconds, choose one in the poll and comment if you care to Smile Thanks!

There are pros and cons to each side to be honest, me qs the admin has strong opinions as to why and why not to split things, but this board is for YOU guys, so lets vote!
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

I voted for the second choice because techniques are not specific to product lines. I think a separate forum for pics would be awesome!
On the posting of pix, is it possible to make it so it pulls the pic from our personal computer rather than having to post it on a web site? I find it such a hassle to do that and it could be the reason more pix are being posted on FB than here lately.
This still won't make a differene in the 'number of views' versus 'replies'. Most will read and the few will continue to respond/post. Just sayin'.....

Although, if one is only interested in gels or acrylics, etc., it will help decide where to focus. Smile
Anna
Donna in Huntsville, TX. :
> On the posting of pix, is it possible to make it so it pulls the pic from our
> personal computer rather than having to post it on a web site? I find it such
> a hassle to do that and it could be the reason more pix are being posted on
> FB than here lately.

Can not be done my dear.. you dont want every tom dick and mary reaching out to your personal PC to look at your pics - its a security issue Smile
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

I choose to leave it, if it were categorized I am afraid I wouldn't go look at everything. As it is, I browse most everything. I do agree about being able to post pics from our computers instead of using the bucket!
Every day is a new day, make the most of it!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ doing nails and sharing ideas!!
Tonja Coffey
Fort Worth, Texas
Over the years, I've been involved with multiple boards that focused on many different topics (nails, weight loss, biking among them). The issues that people have brought up in the mentioned thread are issues that are on every.single.board I've been with. It's just the way of the internet world.

Even if you divide the topics, the same problems will occur within each seperate one. Oftentimes, when I post a reply to a topic, it may take me as much an hour to make sure everything I type is factual as well as understandable for everyone! We live in a fast paced world and the nail techs who could answer such questions usually are the busy ones. Quite honestly, most don't have much time to post a response to something that can take a long time to answer.

My own feeling on this is to get a thicker skin. If your question hasn't been answered to your satisfaction then there are three explanations for this: people may not have an answer, you may have posted such a vague and unexplainable question that no one wants anything to do with it or the question has been answered ad nauseum and no one wants to take it on again. Either ask the question again in another way or else call your manufacturer.

I also think one of the main problems we have is within our industry. Clearly many nail techs are unprepared to enter the nail workforce when they graduate. Judging from the questions from many of the newbies, it's obvious that not only do the educators not teach salon ready students, but they also are not teaching troubleshooting of simple problems.

Deb, I'm not sure if this is an option for you but one board I was with solved some of the problem by removing the "views" option. Then people who posted a topic didn't feel as if they were being slighted because they may have eleventy-seven views and one response.
harmonysky :
> Deb, I'm not sure if this is an option for you but one board I was with solved
> some of the problem by removing the "views" option. Then people who posted
> a topic didn't feel as if they were being slighted because they may have eleventy-
> seven views and one response.

Well done my dear.. I totally agree.. one reason I am opposed to splitting the board up as I know the problems will continue, but now in many places..

I think that is an option to remove the "views" column from the updated version which I have been playing with.. need more time to tweak it up then I need unbothered time to convert and reopen..
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin

I'm kind of in the leave it alone camp too. I like coming to one place, scanning the posts quickly and reading those that appeal. I don't have the patience to dive in and out of different categories or the time, and feel all in one place is one of BT's strengths - apart from it's members of course!

harmonysky's idea of removing the views is an interesting one.
Iryna Giblett Nail Products Inc., Sweden
http://www.irynagiblett.com
harmonysky :
>
> Deb, I'm not sure if this is an option for you but one board I was with solved
> some of the problem by removing the "views" option. Then people who posted
> a topic didn't feel as if they were being slighted because they may have eleventy-
> seven views and one response.

Good one, outa sight, outa mind!
Anna
If you check the board a few times during the week then it isn't that much of a problem to see what has been posted. Especially since so many aren't posting as many pics every day as they used to (not that I mind looking at pics of other's nails, it gives great idea, but........).

I do like the idea of removing the number of views. Not sure it matters anyway and then people won't know how many looked but made no comment and no one feels slighted or ignored.
i am on the leave it alone fence... i dont think its broke but thats jmo
if you were to seperate it i would go for the one that is product/service like acrylic, gel, pedi, mani pics
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Change it to be more user friendly by categories suchs as gels, acrylics, wraps, manicures, pedicures, nail disorders, nail art, and specific products. Remove views, and add flag features. 8)
Please don't change it!! I love it just the way it is. I agree maybe if people get hurt feelings about not getting an answer, then don't post the # of views. But I don't think it's "broke--so don't "fix" it. JMO
Remember: God puts us where he wants us to be.
I'd leave it the way it is even the "views" log. When I get a lot of views and few replies I don't get my feelings hurt.
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
We really should just leave it and ask that everyone be more specific with their topic titles. I think it makes it easier to just scroll down the page rather that open different things. Thank you for giving us the option to vote.
My vote is leave it the way it is. I like to be in tune to all areas of the industry. Even though I'm strictly gels, I have learned LOTS from the acrylic crowd! And it's just easier for me to have all topics in one place.
Nicole Hollenbeck
Akzentz Educator
what os this flag thing?? I dont do craigs list (hate FB & twitter too if you really wanna know the truth)
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin

Love it - leave it the way it is. That's my vote...

Jan
I was in favor of categorizing until I read Harmonysky's response. She's right. Now I think it should be left as is.
i think one of the reasons why sometimes certain things don't come up under the search feature is that people misspell things a lot on here i've noticed. just a thought.

also, imagine how boring this board would be if there were only one shellac thread, one gelish thread, etc, etc.....i personally don't care if the same question is asked a thousand times.

i'd leave the board as it is.
*Loving my job since '97*
I participated in the jmo thread that started the thought on polling and making a change. The only thing I think would benefit me personally is the PM option. Just so we don't have to read through threads created by one member to talk to another member. No one really cares if so and so got your email. I do understand the option to have our emails showing for contacts. But if your email isn't in the signature or in the profile then its obvious to me they don't want contact outside of the forum, Hence the need to start a thread to talk to an individual and type bump in cause they never responded to it.

I voted to keep it the same and not put things into more categories. Nails and sticky notes are all thats needed I think. If things go separate we are likely not to see something or to be seen, I think if its all on one page we will be able to see and read and reply to what we want, and if its separate we may not look in each section.
it's not broken, let not fix it.
J Pham
No boundaries, just possibility.

http://www.facebook.com/jphamfb
I'm in the not broke don't fix it camp
Nails By Dee
Northeast Regional Manager of Education
Hand and Nail Harmony

Use NAILTECH2 coupon code at http://www.nailtechsupply.com for $20 off a $100 order

Beautiful hands and feet are not a luxury they are a neccessity
I voted leave it alone but I would like to see a seperate folder where we can post and view pictures by themselves without having to read through all the posts. I love nail art so when I go to find a posted picture I want to see again, I have to go through pages to find it again.
Wife of 12 years, mother of 1, manicurist of 10 years. Discovered Beauty Tech community in '99 and have been addicted ever since!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,442
02-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Last PostDarcy
Replies: 3
Views: 2,351
10-31-2012, 06:41 PM