You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sophie aka LisaV.
Hi,

I'm finally here due to some technical difficulties and Debbie's help (Thanks Debbie!)

My name is Lisa, I use the name sophie cause I like it and cause it was the name of my favorite kitty.

I graduated from cosmetology school about 14 years ago, but due to circumstances, did not take my state boards. I worked in retail management for years and hated it. My SIL bought a salon and "demanded" (just kidding) that I come to work for her in some capacity. I saw a way out and jumped at it. At first I just managed the place and she insisted that I either do hair or nails for her. I chose nails (loved them in school, but thought I had to do hair), long story short, she sent me back to school and I got my license in 2002. LOVE NAILS!

I work in a small town right outside of Gainesville FL, and within the first 1 1/2 years, built my business up through word of mouth! Almost fully booked everyday! It can happen!

Anyway, I am happily married to Michael, have 2 girls, Jessica (21) and Kristin (16). A big dog and a tiny cat.

I have learned more on this forum than anywhere else! Thanks to everyone who shares their expertise. I hope to find a CND Master's program soon and to learn gels. I currently use CND retention and love it. Don't do many mani's & pedi's, due to the demand of my acrylics in my area.

Love this board! Glad to meet you all.

Lisa