You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lic. Nail Tech, need orientation with Gels.?
I got my NC LIC (USA), summer 2011. I started working with Acylics, but I'm confuse with GELS (hard gels/soft gels), I'm not sure what kind of brand/product line to choose. There's too many to choose, I don't have someone with experience to guide me and tell me facts based on their experiences to do a right decision. Thank you for your opinion, will be greatly appreciated.

Any samples will be well received. have a nice day! ~ Aleida
leuniquenails :
> I got my NC LIC (USA), summer 2011. I started working with Acylics, but I'm
> confuse with GELS (hard gels/soft gels), I'm not sure what kind of brand/product
> line to choose. There's too many to choose, I don't have someone with experience
> to guide me and tell me facts based on their experiences to do a right decision.
> Thank you for your opinion, will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Any samples will be well received. have a nice day! ~ Aleida

Congratulations on your new life! And welcome to our little corner of the world!

Yes all the different types of gels can be very confusing these days!
I wrote this article early on during the introduction of the UV Gel Polishes, it needs a little updating, but it still will help you:
Gel Types - Descriptions Topic: Instructions, Tips, Guides
Are you confused about the different types of gels available? A guide to the different type of professional gels

You can use most systems (acrylic, gel - all types: hard, soak-off, UV Gel Polish) over tips or as an overlay over natural nails. You can sculpt with all of them except UVGP - for the most part they do not have enough strength to sculpt. As the professional, you should be doing an initial consult with the client. Find out what her expectations are, what type(s) of services SHE thinks she wants. Find out about her day to day habits, is she a teacher (chalk is very drying to hands & nails), likes to garden (lots of opportunity for breaks). Given the information she provides to you, YOU should recommend a service and ongoing maintenance that will suit her and her life style. Some women prefer to NOT do enhancements, but after seeing their nails and your consultation is done, you know she is not a good candidate for the traditional polish manicures she thought she wanted. Now you will have to play salesman, possibly start her on manicures, gently walk her into a UV Gel Polish, and maybe push her to try 1 or 2 fingers with an enhancement product.

There is no universal perfect brand, but instead you need to find the brand of product - whether it be gel or acrylic or even traditional polish - that works for FOR you as opposed to against you. When trying different brands, seek out the education for THAT brand, make use of their tech support and give the product 2-3 months of trial before moving on if it is not giving you the and your clients your desired end result.

Attending a trade show or a class is also an excellent suggestion. Right here in the Sticky Posts section about how to attend your first trade show!
So this is your first [big] trade show.. Also check the calendar here (link up top), nailsmag.com and nailpro.com as well, inquire at your local distributor(s)

You can receive a sample of eco Soak Off UV Nail Color by filling out the form at the web site - the link is below in my signature. With 50 colors including glitters, I personally prefer the brand over the others because of the fact it is in pots, not a polish bottle, as well as the application method. I have gone more than 6 weeks with no lifting, peeling or chipping with eco on my own nails. eco Soak Off UV Nail Color is applied like a gel. It comes in a pot, not a bottle. My own personal feeling is I have MUCH more control of the amount of product applied with a gel brush as opposed to a polish brush.

Jump in, the water is fine!
Lorraine, webgirl
http://www.ManicuresThatLast.com
eco Soak Off UV Gel Polish No Solvents, Double the Size - Same Price!
Cinapro Nail Creations - New Art Kits!
http://www.ScentualSpaProducts.com
Cuccio Natural - Enhance the Spa Experience
Free Shipping on all orders over $75
You can sculpt with all of them except UVGP - for the most part they do not have enough strength to sculpt. As the professional, you should be doing an initial consult with the client. Find out what her expectations are, what type(s) of services SHE thinks she wants. Find out about her day to day habits, is she a teacher (chalk is very drying to hands & nails), likes to garden (lots of opportunity for breaks). Given the information she provides to you, YOU should recommend a service and ongoing maintenance that will suit her and her life style. Some women prefer to NOT do enhancements, but after seeing their nails and your consultation is done, you know she is not a good candidate for the traditional polish manicures she thought she wanted. Now you will have to play salesman, possibly start her on manicures, gently walk her into a UV Gel Polish, and maybe push her to try 1 or 2 fingers with an enhancement product.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 2,000
11-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Last Postlushnaillounge