You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axxium or Brisa
Nail Tech Friends Smile I need your input please. I don't really use either system to give good feedback to a friend. If you could only use Axxium or Brisa which would you choose and why? I have already advised her to go to the wholesale to see what each offers and ask questions and to also look at their websites. Any incites would be appreciated. I know it's a personal choice, im just looking for your experiences for both please.

Thank you
I have not used Brisa. I hate Axxium it is too runny for my taste. I love Light Elegance. It self levels and does not run faster then you can shape it.
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
I love LE also, but these are the only two options for her.
There are large differences in the two systems. The differences might lean you one way or another. Here is the information I know...

Axxium-is a soak of gel that is widely used for its color line and preforming no-chip manicures or as a "gel overlay". Removal would require soaking, rather than filing.

Brisa-is a buff off gel. I have seen this used mostly for clear, and pink and white overlays and nail enhancements. This is a buff off gel which means you either need to file or e-file off.

I have heard good and bad for both systems, and would recommend any tech to do as much research as possible with each company, product, application and removal before spending a lot on a big investment. Also, I am sure CND and OPI would offer a trial kit so that the tech can "play with" the product and see if it is what they are looking for.

You could also direct this person to salongeek.com. This is a large group of techs that talk about everything in our industry. You can search Brisa and Axxium for everyone's thoughts on both.
Isnt Axxium also a hard gel? I know they have the soak off too.
Quote:beccaboo :
> Isnt Axxium also a hard gel? I know they have the soak off too.

Well I have the same question?, doesn't Opi Axxium is a hard gel?, and the Axxiun soak off line is other product (weird they named both axxium)?, now I am confused :roll: .

At school they had the Axxium ( I believed was the hard gel), but I never had the opportunity to play with it, was the little kit, but didn't say soak off, all I remembered is hearing that was giving so much amount of heat spikes. Sad
Yes OPI has a hard gel called Axxium too. It does not soak off. http://www.nailsmag.com/demoarticle/85/o...el-overlay
I have looked at the OPI site and see that there is a clear builder, but it appears that the removal for all Axxium is to break the seal with and soak off. I am not familiar with the term "hard gel" or "soft gel". All gel products are hard once cured and add strength to a nail. Most soak off gels, or what you might call "soft gels" have some sort of builder that allows for enhancements which makes them hard...which allows to add an arch and extend the nail. Axxium included. I have not seen it used with the builder, again, most salon I have seen use it as a color no-chip product.

I could be all wrong on Axxium, but I am going off the info I can find and what I have experienced with the line. I have a message into OPI to see if there is a separate buff off gel. I love that this site allows all of us to learn about this great industry!

But again, this leads me to ask... what are they looking to do with the product? And are they looking for a product they would have to file off to remove?
You would not extend/build an enhancement with soak of gel its to flexible. Yes there are 2 Axxiums a hard buff off and a soak off line. I know how each are used. I am just looking for others experiences between the two brands of the hard gels. I use the soak off. I know the chemistry and how a hard gel is different than a soft.

Thank you everyone for your input
I understand what you are saying, but I am trained in Bio Sculpture, which is a soak off gel. In their soak off line they have sculpting gel (for sculptured enhancements). I have assumed that Axxium was similar, but I could be incorrect about their line.

In short soak off does not always mean you can not extend or build. Bio Sculpture is a great system that allows just that. I guess that is why I refer to a gel by soak off or buff off as the structure of hard and soft can be taken so many ways...
I dont use Bio, but have a question as a soak off would you do a full set of extensions with it? Not just barley extending and I get the builder for extra support but is it enough for a full extended f/s? Is it strong and durable like a hard/buff off gel?
Axxium is a sculpture/builabdle hard gel, it does not soak off, its file off only.

there there is Axxium Soak off laquer, which is the colored soak off stuff, you DO have to file to break the seal before soaking and it takes more time then say shellac to soak off.

as far as brisa vs axxium (hard gels) I cant stand the axxium (even tho Im a total OPI girl) I think its runny and hard to work with, and its got a pretty bad heat spike.

I just tried brisa and liked it , much thicker, more self leveling, much easier to work with..

I actually LOVE IBD
Quote:StellaAmante :
> Axxium is a sculpture/builabdle hard gel, it does not soak off, its file off
> only.
>
> there there is Axxium Soak off laquer, which is the colored soak off stuff,
> you DO have to file to break the seal before soaking and it takes more time
> then say shellac to soak off.
>
> as far as brisa vs axxium (hard gels) I cant stand the axxium (even tho Im
> a total OPI girl) I think its runny and hard to work with, and its got a pretty
> bad heat spike.
>
> I just tried brisa and liked it , much thicker, more self leveling, much easier
> to work with..
>
> I actually LOVE IBD

Great answer!, I second ibd, I like it a lot!
Bio Sculpture is strong enough to sculpt full sets much like Brisa. The product is self leveling and I have found easy to work with. I have tried Brisa and can not get the swing of the thinkness of the gel. I love the fact that I can break the seal and soak off the product and not have to work about lots of filing or using a drill. Finally, it also has a full line (170) colors to go with it or to use as a color overlay. I did a bit of research before I started my training and really love what they have to offer. Sadly, this line is not as popular here in the states as much as it is in Europe.

Needless to say if this were a thread about a favorite gel product Bio Sculpture would be my pick... Tongue

Also, thanks for the info on Axxium. It is good to know they have two different lines and what the differences are.
Malea :
> I have looked at the OPI site and see that there is a clear builder, but it
> appears that the removal for all Axxium is to break the seal with and soak
> off. I am not familiar with the term "hard gel" or "soft gel". All gel products

I did not realize that Axxium was both a hard and soft gel. I just learned that the other day. Apparently it is just the "builder" that is considered a hard gel.

I wrote an article (that no, I have not had the chance to update as promised), that explains the differences between a hard, soft, soak off and UV Gel Polish types:

Gel Types - Descriptions
Are you confused about the different types of gels available? A guide to the different type of professional gels

I hope it helps clear things up for you!
Lorraine, webgirl
http://www.ManicuresThatLast.com
eco Soak Off UV Gel Polish No Solvents, Double the Size - Same Price!
Cinapro Nail Creations - New Art Kits!
http://www.ScentualSpaProducts.com
Cuccio Natural - Enhance the Spa Experience
Free Shipping on all orders over $75

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,331
11-20-2016, 03:25 PM