You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED curable gel options for natural nail overlay. LE mani-cure/one step?
Hi everyone!

I'm coming back to nails after a two year break. I have some gel polish clients with very thin nails that I would like to add another layer underneath to help strengthen them a bit. I was wondering what are some good options for a layer of gel underneath?

I have access to Light Elegance and was reading about the mani-cure and the one step gel and wondered if one of these would work?

Would I just be applying a one layer and next time client comes I file off all colour and just "fill" again with the gel and continue the service?
I apply two coats of a hard gel (using Linkage for my primer). The first is very thin - I kinda scrub it into the nail then a normal second coat. Don't wipe your residual layer and put you color coats right on top. To remove, file off color and fill as usual. HTH!!
(08-12-2016, 12:29 PM)youvegotnail! Wrote: I apply two coats of a hard gel (using Linkage for my primer). The first is very thin - I kinda scrub it into the nail then a normal second coat. Don't wipe your residual layer and put you color coats right on top. To remove, file off color and fill as usual. HTH!!

It does thank you! What brand hard gel do you use? Is it LED curable?

Oh and for the fill you just do a usual second coat type kind of application or you do full floating building nail type?
I use TEN. It's UV cure but it cures fine in LED as long as the final cure is 2 minutes total. But you can use LE if that's what you have.
I don't build at all on a SOG application. If that's what they want they need to pay for an enhancement service. I just file off the color, put primer on new growth. I scrub in the gel on the new growth, cure then apply the second coat.
(08-12-2016, 10:04 PM)youvegotnail! Wrote: I use TEN. It's UV cure but it cures fine in LED as long as the final cure is 2 minutes total. But you can use LE if that's what you have.
I don't build at all on a SOG application. If that's what they want they need to pay for an enhancement service. I just file off the color, put primer on new growth. I scrub in the gel on the new growth, cure then apply the second coat.

Ok great thank you so much! Smile do you do this on all clients or only the thin nail clients? And you just include as part of the price and don't charge extra yea?

I just use it on clients who need it. I'll suggest it to them if their nails are wimpy. Also, I upsell it as an add on to everyone as protection for the natural nail. Some want it, some not. I freakin' hate soaking off. Most clients hate it too. Even hand filing beats soaking off.
Since I'd been working at home in a rural area, I couldn't charge what a salon in a larger city could. I would do a SOG service for $20 & add $5 for a hard gel base.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 2,438
07-17-2017, 06:30 AM
Last Postthreadinghairspa
Replies: 4
Views: 2,333
11-30-2016, 05:09 PM