You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
holes and bumps in gel
Hi!

My name is Melissa and I am new to this forum and the nail world.

I am having issues with my gel application and I'm wondering if anyone can provide some tips.

Currently I use Gelish polish with their gelish led lamp, when I apply gel I start from pinky to thumb but by the time I have gotten to the thumb the gel has run and will be thicker in some spots which then I feel like i need to go over it again (I clean off my brush so the coat is not to thick). Then I will cure it and when I take the hand out, the gel has bumps and small holes in it.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!
are you using Gelish hard gel or gel polish?
ETA sorry just saw you said polish. ignore running you are using way too much of it. better to do more things coats even if it's streaky at first. as for holes, my guess is the nail isn't clean enough and there's oils left to n the nail causing the gel to move
Have you tried curing the thumbs separately? Also if you take a clean gel brush and wipe off some of the dispersion layer from foundation, the color is easier to apply.
(07-20-2016, 03:38 PM)NailzOnLine Wrote: are you using Gelish hard gel or gel polish?
ETA sorry just saw you said polish. ignore running you are using way too much of it. better to do more things coats even if it's streaky at first. as for holes, my guess is the nail isn't clean enough and there's oils left to n the nail causing the gel to move

Ive actually come to notice it with both! Undecided

I will definitely try this thank you!
(07-20-2016, 08:32 PM)jb100680 Wrote: Have you tried curing the thumbs separately? Also if you take a clean gel brush and wipe off some of the dispersion layer from foundation, the color is easier to apply.

No I havent tried that. I have this same problem even over acrylics. I will try this tip! Thank you!