You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello fm Nail model 1
I am new to the nail industry and I have great respect for the talented artists I have met and worked with . I ended up in it in quite a round about way . I answered an ad from a nail technician looking for a model to do a men's clear gel manicure for her Instagram advertising. It came out great she liked working with me and said I had great nail beds and slender fingers would I be open to doing a portfolio project for another nail tech friend of hers. I agreed, she is based in NYC and was trying to build a client base with the transgender community so she did a full b4 and after nail makeover from a standard men's manicure to a full set of 3/4 inch acrylics with full designs for her portfolio and social media advertising. I couldn't believe her talent the results they were amazing. We worked together several more times and she referred me to other techs looking for similar projects and sessions for trying new techniques like aquarium nails which led to me being referred to a few nail students for practice and portfolio work. I have a full time job but.the modeling has now grown to where I have 4 to 8 bookings a month doing everything from demos to social media, web advertising, nail competition practice and student practice. As my nails are gender neutral I techs like to book me for portfolio work because they can get male and female looks in one sitting and I have the patience having sat for up to 6 hours in a session. I am hoping to learn more about the industry its products and techniques for my own knowledge and safety and so I can better serve the nail techs and nail students I work with. If anyone has any questions for me or want to know more about my projects or If I can be of help to u in any way please feel free to contact me. I thank you for this great opportunity to learn from such knowledgeable and talented pros