You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrated Master Aesthetician
A year ago I thought it would be a good idea to take the grandfathering program for Master Aesthetician when it was available in Washington. I went through with it but still have not been able to find a job. Every job opening wants at least 1 year doing hands on in the medical field operating laser equipment. The school I attended had very minimal hands on. They did not own any laser equipment themselves. We spent most of the time sitting in a classroom doing Theory from Milady's manual & workbook. Fortunately, I have had extensive training from Glymed Plus skincare in Chemical Peels but still never even get an interview. I did talk to the owner of the school & he did not seem to care or be able to help me out at all. He said that they help there students that go through there whole Aesthetician program but not students that only went through the Grandfathering course. I am also licensed in nails & operate a salon in the downstairs of my house with a small clientele of both skin & nail customers but do not keep busy enough. I am considering going back to my former career which is Patient Service Representative in the healthcare field. After also working at 2 different salons the pass year, both of them were only willing to pay a low hourly wage & I only kept busy during spring & summer months. When it was slow they of course did not need me to come in anymore. FRUSTRATED!!