You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help with nail foil glue?!?
I recently bought some really nice transfer foils after getting sucked in on Youtube.
So according to everything I have watched and read, they all say to let the glue dry 3-5 minutes.
What magical glue are these people using???
I have timed this a dozen times. 5, 10, 15 minutes. Sure if I let it sit for 30, I get a perfect result. But that is not practical if you are working on a client!
I have tried a fan. I have tried a blowdryer. A U.V. light. The spray that dries glue instantly.
I even bought "Best Glue Ever" recommended by a nail art guru.
I tried it on the sticky layer of gel polish. (not very reliable)
So what gives? I am praying that someone on here can unlock the secret for quick drying glue!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Sound as if you are applying the glue too thick. Very thin is the trick. That said, I have the best luck using Shellac to use the foils. It never comes out perfect. You'll have to tap the foil over little missed spots. Note: darker colored Shellac polishes work best with foils.
Anna Elliott
[email protected]
(08-27-2015, 09:06 AM)AnnaElliott Wrote: Sound as if you are applying the glue too thick. Very thin is the trick. That said, I have the best luck using Shellac to use the foils. It never comes out perfect. You'll have to tap the foil over little missed spots. Note: darker colored Shellac polishes work best with foils.

Thank you very much for responding! I have my glue and gel polish in hand as we speak! I will try again!
Youtube is a blessing and a detriment! It never goes as smoothly as depicted! LOL
yup thats exactly what I was going to say.. less is more in this case.. much less... let us know how you make out and then jump over to the NailTech Shoppe and check out the "Almost Free" nail art prices!

http://www.nailtech.com/shoppe

[Image: slide_foil_tape.jpg]
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Another helpful hint: That brownish backing on the foils? Wipe that off with a little alcohol on a lint free wipe. I'm a huge fan of Best Glue Ever. It works a lot better than the regular foil glue, IMHO.
I use generic foil glue and never had a problem.. I let it dry for 2 to 3 minutes until the glue becomes clear and then my foil goes on beautifully

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,159
12-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Last Post[email protected]
Replies: 4
Views: 2,267
05-02-2014, 02:46 PM