You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help W/ Nailpro Mag Article About Retailing!
Hi all~

I'm working on a new Nailpro Magazine article that I was just assigned, and I've got about two weeks to complete it...I need some sources, pronto! Big Grin

The working title is "Retailing: How & Why?" and here's the info:

A thriving salon has a strong retail presence. How do you decide what items to carry? Do you stock many different products and brands, or do you stick with just one or two product lines? This article will discuss the hows and whys of retailing (after all, the 2011 NAILPRO Essentials Survey revealed that 80% of salons retail and most plan on adding more in the upcoming year). It will also address common mistakes or mishaps in retailing and how to overcome those.

Whether you consider yourself a retailing dynamo OR you feel like you're not doing as well as you should/could with retailing, I'd love your input on this article via answering the following questions and emailing them to me at grapevine86 (at) sbcglobal (dot) net:

1. What is your full name?
2. What is your title?
3. What is the name of your salon?
4. Where is your salon located?
5. Do you know what percentage of your salon's total sales is made up of retail sales? If yes, what is it?
6. What kind of training, if any, does the staff at your salon go through in regards to selling product?
7. Is it common for salon staff to try to upsell most clients on product?
8. What kind of retail products do you carry?
9. Do you carry products that are unrelated to nails (and hair, if you're at a full-service salon or spa)?
10. How do you decide what to carry?
11. Regarding your retail items that are directly related to your services, do you carry different product lines or just one?
12. Do you have a retailing success story, either "big picture" or one client experience?
13. Do you have any advice for salons that are trying to increase their retail presence and sales?
14. Anything else you'd want to share that might be helpful to me?

If there are questions that don't pertain to you, just skip them! As I said above, please email your answers to me at grapevine86 (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

Thanks in advance! As always, I will try to get a blurb into the article from as many people who respond, but I can't guarantee it. Generally the more information you give me, the better I'm able to include you.

This article is scheduled to appear in the January 2012 issue of Nailpro. Thanks so much!!!

Melisa
Just wanted to bump this up: I'm still looking for salon feedback on this topic. Anyone have anything for me? Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,283
04-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Last Postbeautywriter
Replies: 0
Views: 1,134
04-01-2014, 06:56 PM