You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much would you pay for a salon?
Hi,

I would like to ask you guys for your input please. How much would you pay someone for a nail salon that is in a little strip mall a little off the beaten path. Salon is a one or two person salon, more like a studio. Two pedi thrones with water and massage, two nail stations, about 200 nail polishes, plenty of pedi supplies. Opi absolute acrylic system and axxium gel system and lots of nail files. Enough basic supplies to get you started in Pa very close to Nj?

No current clients because it was closed for a while and monthly rent of $300?

Thanks would really appreciate opinions.
Hi,

Anyone willing to give me opinions please.
Thanks
What are their gross revenues? Have they been found in violation of your state/federal laws? How busy is the mall? Has competition opened elsewhere that they r running from? Where are THEY planning to next srt up shop? Down the block, so that they will be taking all their clients? Are they selling theur book and equipment or just equipment? And a dozen more questions. Bottom line: you need a complete list of what precisely they are selling you, so you can have it appraised, and make an informed decision. Don't sign anything unless a lawyer has reviewed n approved.
What are their gross revenues? Have they been found in violation of your state/federal laws? How busy is the mall? Has competition opened elsewhere that they r running from? Where are THEY planning to next srt up shop? Down the block, so that they will be taking all their clients? Are they selling theur book and equipment or just equipment? And a dozen more questions. Bottom line: you need a complete list of what precisely they are selling you, so you can have it appraised, and make an informed decision. Don't sign anything unless a lawyer has reviewed n approved.

300 a month is dirt cheap in my area. I would grab it if it met safe standards n passed all the above.
Thanks Lozlosa,

I actually own the salon. I just let the business go in terms of building it up and at one point didn't want to do it anymore. But I have someone that wants to buy the everything in the space and continue to pay the landlord rent. I agreed upon a low price one time payment but now she wants to change it to the same price but installments and I don't feel comfortable doing that. I feel like I could get someone else to buy it eventually for more even, if I work on building a clientele.
Wow ! $300 a month to rent a salon ! That's less than my booth rent for a month !!! WAAAAY less...
Zero, I don't recommend buying an existing salon.
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
It would only be worth the price of used equipment and supplies. ... which isn't much.
This all depends on the art of the person and you can price art in a consistent fair manner. What happens in many cases shop rent is high in those conditions you have to pay high. But for basic manicure it costs $20,for delux manicure it costs $45 and $15 for gel polish. Almost these price are same.