You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with taking Nail Photos
Hello,
I have tried and tried to take GREAT nail photos and all i get is ok...could some one tell me the best way?...macro, steady hand or other scenes? Flash ,no flash? backgrounds? And HOW do you impose the name into the photo ? Any help will be greatly appricated ! Thank-you
nailgurl219 :
> Hello,
> I have tried and tried to take GREAT nail photos and all i get is ok...could
> some one tell me the best way?...macro, steady hand or other scenes? Flash
> ,no flash? backgrounds? And HOW do you impose the name into the photo ?
> Any help will be greatly appricated ! Thank-you

I have a canon 14 mega pixel, takes great pictures! I have it set to auto, and no flash. Make sure if you're using a regular camera to focus first (by depressing the button a little first) then take the shot. I bought a white piece of vinyl for the background. When I do my watermark I use adobe photoshop. Hope I've helped ;-)
Kelly
I've found the macro setting to be the best. Of course a steady hand helps a lot. Indirect lighting is great, a light box is the best. I've found I like to turn off my desk lamp when I take pix so I don't see the reflection of the LED bulbs in the nails. I'll try with a flash and with out to see which one gives the best look to the pic.

I'll use back grounds that go with the nails, sometimes I go on on a 'hunt' for just the right thing. I've used pillows, figurines,and hair cutting capes to name a few. Takes LOTS of pix from different angles, viewing the fingers thru the screen and look for fingers blocking the nails, dust in the cuticles, polish/color on the skin, etc. before taking the pic. I've had pix ruined by not seeing the problem on the screen before taking the pic.

Don't try to to get too close, stay the correct distance away and let your camera program take care of the zooming in and cropping. Study how others position hands, and avoid the 'splayed finger' pose, it's just not pretty imo.
thank you Kelly and Donna !!!!
I also use Corel Photoshop (around $40) to upload to my pc and edit and fine tune the pic and add my watermark to the pic. Works great and you can actually change backgrounds and clean up those cuticles!
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
Whoa! It cleans up cuticles??......I gotta get that program! Thanks for the info, C-C!
It does! It has makeup, clone and smudge options that works great for fixing up those little things that you miss when taking the picture! I even use it to smoothe out some of lines and wrinkles! :wink: My clients love that I make their hands look so young on my fb! :lol: I clean up age spots, moles, scars, cuts, etc.
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 3,880
11-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Last PostCluuryMcFluury