You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Bit Should I get For Gels
I am now doing Gels exclusively and need to invest in a good bit to take gel down with my efile, Plus a bit to remove lifting too. I have one gal that no matter what I put on her she is a major lifter.

Which bits would you used to a) bring down the gel and b) use to remove lifting gel?

Thanks a bunch!
I use rubber mandrels and medium sanding bands for all my filing and I only do hard gels. Never had a problem and when I switched to the rubber mandrels the vibration was considerably less.
The Young Nails safety bit ,and medium grit sanding bands work well for me.
I cant remember if its the YN or Kupa safety bit that is my go to bit for gels and gel polish or around the lifting. It wont nick clients and is smooth.
@JulieM :
to remove the lifted gel use the sander at an angle.
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer
Acrylic & Gel Tech Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Thanks everyone, bought a safety bit and will try the sanding bit at and angle Lunicita. Also going to look into rubber mandrels, my lifter hates the vibration of my efile.
@juliem .... about the mandrel/sanders ...personally I keep many $1 mandrels around and test/see which one "fits" with the sanding bands I have..imo , sanders and mandrels are so mass produced(& end up different sizes by a degree), so if they don't fit each other super-snug, there will be extra vibration.
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer
Acrylic & Gel Tech Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ