You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been out of work for 5 years
Brick 
Five years ago, I got really sick. I haven't been up for working until recently. Gel polish was not as big back then nor was everyone doing bling nails. How do I learn these new skills?? I am practicing like crazy. Please help me with these questions:

Do people still use hard gel?

Which gel polish line should I get?

Is acrylic still the number one enhancement?

Are "rockstar toes" still in?

With all the new nail shapes, are people sculpting more now?

What brands are the best bang for my buck? I used to use Tammy Taylor Acrylic and I used Star Nails gel (too runny!!) in school. I am looking for the least amount of filing and most forgiving products of course!

I went on instagram and the nails now are INSANE. I can't wait to start working. I am currently doing all my friends, family and neighbor's nails for free until I get a position somewhere. Thank you for all your help. I am still reading as many posts as I can.
NewInFL,
How do I learn these new skills?

You can try to take workshops at Shows or try classes from the MFG of products you use.

Do people still use hard gel?

Yes, All My clients are Gel only or have converted from Acrylic to Gel. Long time ago I switched over to Gel and let my clients know I was switching over.

Which gel polish line should I get?

If you haven't tried gels or Gel polish, try to get samples from different MFG and see what you like. I personally use Gelish.

Is acrylic still the number one enhancement?

I don't know, since I only do gel

Are "rockstar toes" still in? Absolutely!

With all the new nail shapes, are people sculpting more now?

You can make any shape with Acrylic or hard Gel. That depends on the type of salon your in and what they specialize in. Some just sculpt no tips, some do tips and that's all.

What brands are the best bang for my buck?

Again you'll have to try things out to see what you like and may work with your skill level.

Hope that helps! Good Luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,779
10-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Last Postsueefd
Replies: 5
Views: 6,093