You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat Sipke
How do I explain Heat Sipkes to my Cleients
If I am using a gel that spikes I usually do several thin layers so it wont spike as much and before they go in the lamp I tell them that because gel cures under the light that once the light hits the initiator the molecules all start linking up so fast it can cause a tingle - some people feel it more than others but pay attention and if you feel anything at all pull your hand out of the light for a second or two and press their fingers on the top of the lamp to dissipate the heat. I really impress upon them to not try to touch it out because it will get worse and it can get pretty darn hot - but that it only lasts a second so they don't have to worry about it for the whole 2 minutes.

Basically be open, honest, but not overly technical and let them know you have their best interests in mind and don't expect them to burn themselves.
Thank you . I done all of that but I didn't know about pressing your fingers . Thank you very much
Oh I tell them it might feel hot....if it starts the littlest bit remove from light and press on the finger tips. ..or flash cure- hands in light for 4 seconds pull them out for 6 seconds. . . Back in for 5 seconds out for 5 seconds...repeat. ...rhen cure all the way through!
Oddly ,my Gelish LED Hard Gel doesn't do this...pretty happy about that ,actually. Anyway ,to deal with the heat spike issue when it occurs on other gels I have used ,I explain that this will happen ,and why ,and that it's part of the process when building. I tell them that as soon as they sense some heat ,slide the hand out ,and gradually back in and out slowly until the spike goes away. This has worked great for me and my clients ,hope this helps with yours ! Smile
Thanks everyone
Modern gels should not produce heat spikes if applied not too thick, and if cured in the manufacturers recommended UV lamp. However, there are some "old design" gels in the market that date back 14 years and some of these are hot regardless.
Iryna Giblett Nail Products Inc., Sweden
http://www.irynagiblett.com
If the clients own natural nail has been damaged and is thin, heat spike is more likely and I definitely give a warning. This is a good reason to take care when prepping nails for application because over time this can happen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,999
04-26-2014, 02:41 AM
Last PostMelissa82
Replies: 1
Views: 2,552
02-23-2013, 06:18 PM