You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there anyone who wants to discuss
Is there anyone out there who wants to discus inexpensive and quick 'fix-its' to skin care issues?
I've spent my career in large luxury resort hotel spas and large day spas. I'm at a place where I'm willing to share.

My Best Always,
Chris Em
yes i willing to respond you because i am also one of the good salon owner and i would love to share my views and get knowledge from you.
Cool!
We can either post our conversations so everyone can benefit and hopefully join the conversation or we can privately email back and forth. lt's up to you --

Sorry it's taken so long to answer you -- I kind of gave up after a
couple of months and it wasn't until tonight that I realized my
contact and information had an out of date email address.

I guess I'll just go ahead and start the discussion --
Here are a couple of questions that will save whole bunch of time, money, and hassle if
you don't 'get' the concept --

What does it take to be a 'professional' in any line of work including skincare or massage?

What is the difference between an over the counter product and 'professional' product?

My best --
Chris

(08-02-2015, 04:01 PM)Chris Em Wrote: I guess I'll just go ahead and start the discussion --
Here are a couple of questions that will save whole bunch of time, money, and hassle if
you 'get' the concept --

What does it take to be a 'professional' in any line of work including skincare or massage?

What is the difference between an over the counter product and 'professional' product?

My best --
Chris

As far as the difference between professional skincare & over the counter is the active ingredients. Over the counter (OTC) skincare you find in drug stores typically DO NOT contain high percentage of active ingredients, such as acids of glycolic, lactic, malic, hyaluronic, licorice extract, bearberry, phytic acid,resorcinol, retinol etc. As aestheticians we are trained how to recommend skincare with active ingredients to help specific skin concerns,such as: wrinkles, acne, hyperpigmentation that will guarantee results. If some of these products are not used correctly they can damage the skin.

Over the counter (OTC) products are regulated by the FDA but have been proven to be safe enough for the public to use without medical supervision. I hope this helps some.

Thank you

Hi,
Thank you for this informative discussion Smile Is there any significance in a facial spa after cheek enhancements and anti-aging treatments? Recently I had got both these treatments from nearby cosmetic service center (Beauti-med, BC). My esthetician recommended a facial spa too. Is it really essential? Does facial spa after skin care treatment enhance its effect?
i want to discuss but i think i can hardly get reply now???
I think everyone likes it ..... best callus remover