You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shellac or gel polish
HI,
I'M new to nails industry, and i haven't done muck work in it.
i'm confused between shellac and gel polish, which one is better to use on my clients? and which uv lamp i need for both?

thank you
Both cure with a light. Shellac requires no removal of the natural nail shine, most other gel polishes requires a very gentle light buff removing shine off nail.
It's best to use the MFG lamp with the system of gel to ensure proper cure, however some techs will say that's nonsense. Right now Shellac is not made to work with LED light where as many gel polishes do work with LED light.... it's a great debate and hard to choose what you will like....I personally purchased a 36 Watt tunnel lamp and tried different brands on myself and friends. I prefer Akzentz gel polishes the most, Gelish has a great color selection though, Shellac is a good product too....it's a hard choice!!
(01-06-2015, 06:11 PM)mouna Wrote: HI,
I'M new to nails industry, and i haven't done muck work in it.
i'm confused between shellac and gel polish, which one is better to use on my clients? and which uv lamp i need for both?

thank you

Well, first of all, CND Shellac is a gel polish. It is a hybrid gel polish, but a gel polish nonetheless. And all gel polishes, properly applied, maintained and removed, should be good for your clients' nails. CND Shellac is hypoallergenic and tends to remove easily. It does not require buffing of the natural nail prior to application, nor buffing of the top coat for removal - but, truth be told, neither do most other gel polishes. The big difference with CND Shellac is that it does not have an LED cure and it CND requires that it be cured in the CND lamp. You can use other gel polishes in the CND lamp, but not the reverse. The delay in an LED cure made me give up on Shellac, but it is a good brand.
gel polish is just a common name for polishes who need to be cured..Shellac (and OPI,Gelish, ManiQ and many more) is the brand name.
I work with many different brands..mix and match them whatever and never have any problems.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 9
Views: 16,403
06-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Last PostLuvglitter
Replies: 17
Views: 10,122
11-22-2011, 07:58 PM