You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gel polish adhering to acrylic
Help! I can't get gel polish to stick on my clients acrylic nails. Is there a trick? It just peels off after about a week.
(10-18-2014, 04:40 PM)dmb71 Wrote: Help! I can't get gel polish to stick on my clients acrylic nails. Is there a trick? It just peels off after about a week.

Make sure the nail is not too smooth. Nothing softer than a new 100 grit sponge buffer, or 180 grit file is even better. Also avoid wiping the nail with cleanser. And if you do, be sure the nail is completely dry before you apply the polish. Last thing wrap the edges with all coats.
Thank you....I will try that!
Are you using base coat? Also I will use protein bond prior to gel polish.
I used protein bond but not base coat
I use base coat even over acrylic
Thanks...I will try those suggestions Smile
After u buff the nail plate..not too smooth and wipe the dust (or wash) ...what do u recommend wiping the nail plate with..I usually use acetone or alcohol...and then I use gel2 polish...which is no base...is there anything I should do different.? @@dmb71
I find it's better not to wet the acrylic nails just brush off real good . I don't buff the plate but I do use a base coat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 2,039
01-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Last Postsbwalnuss
Replies: 4
Views: 2,613
09-08-2013, 07:58 PM