You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of NY Dept of State inspection...
Im so Aggravated! My Salon is a Seasonal Salon and I have Easter and Christmas Breaks...well I take my papers and stuff home because I like to update and organize them...Sooo all my MSDS sheets were home and so was my Insurance Papers...With all of the NSS Salons out there ...this is what this guy fined me for...Not having my MSDS Sheets at the Shop...Same for my Insurance Papers...Which I didn't actually know they HAD to be at the shop...I thought having my Comp papers would have been enough...WRONG!! He fined my for not having a RECEIPT for my disinfection gallon(I think it was Lesco) ON HAND.. I don't keep that stuff at the shop I don't have an office there and my shop already had a water damage. and there was a sign I had to have displayed from their web sight I didn't even know about. "Licensed by DOS" I feel like I'm the only one who didn't know about this...and I feel like a freakin criminal! with all the scheevy salons out there and I get fined??? here's the topper...it came certified Mail and sent in snail mail...and the fine was a whopping $1,500 can you feel how pissed I am??? well my fellow Nail Sistas..learn from my "unknowing mistakes" and do an evaluation of this list of must haves...Deb...did you know this? Now I am waiting for a damn court date and have to go into Manhattan to dispute this...I am doing everything I can not to pay this...it wasn't even a warning it is down right ridiculous!
Some People Dream of being a Success...Others stay awake and Are.
Yikes darlin, I had no idea about most of that! I can see the fine about the MSDS sheets tho, but not the insurance papers and certainly not about some sign I assume the DOS provides to you to display?
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

(09-06-2014, 08:03 AM)BeautyTech.com Wrote: Yikes darlin, I had no idea about most of that! I can see the fine about the MSDS sheets tho, but not the insurance papers and certainly not about some sign I assume the DOS provides to you to display?

Deb...That sign has to be printed out from THEIR web site...which I had NO IDEA about and what about the Flippin RECEIPT for the Disinfection Solution???? Maybe if the State Web Site was more understandable and where you could find this stuff then us people that are trying to do everything right might not have to deal with fines ...This Inspector also said that putting the MSDS Sheets on my Desktop was also fine..I want to make sure as I will be bringing my Laptop to Manhattan...and as the fine for them...that was unfair...I would have been off for a week... I wasn't doing business. When I asked him is he was coming back to check on these fines...He looked at me like I was crazy. Where are these guys for the NSS SALONS??? He also wants me to keep a cover on my Waxing Pots...How the Hell do I do that??? any answers? Do Tell!
I have the waxing pots in a wicker basket with a hinged lid. You can also put the whole pot in a drawer.
Ohhh No...He meant while it was On....
hum I think Maureens has lid it comes with??
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Yes, I keep the wax pot in the basket while it is on, and just lift up the lid when waxing. It sits on top of a table.
OK finally sorry for the delay.. click the link to get a copy of the NY Appearance Enhancement law and at the end of the PDF file is the sign Maria refers to..

http://www.beautytech.com/images/NEWYORKAPP-ENH.pdf

I'll be copying this to the STICKY POST section..

Maria.. does NY have any email notice list?? I see this version is dated July 2014 I have NEVER gotten ANY notice from the state that laws/rules have changed, or even a new rule book.. have you?
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post