You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celly
Hi there! From what research I did on the internet there are mannequin heads that you can buy for practicing and I have atleast 2 men willing to get free cuts (later when I think I'm ready).

We, my husband, son and myself used to go to Fantastic Sam's but they do a chop job and quit going almost 3 yrs ago. It wasn't worth it!

I have my own hairdresser, just had my hair done on Saturday (I think it's called Tri-Color? Where you have your natural color & two other colors sort of like high lights and then cut) made my decision yesterday to just jump into it.

Like I said I don't want to be flipping burgers at Jack in the Box in 20-30 yrs from now. Now is the perfect opportunity to do this while the economy is down, so when I finish I can expand and do hair, nails.....the whole shabang!

This is something that I've been thinking about for about a year, so you see I don't make hasty decisions. My husband is 100% with me on this, as he is with my ongoing Mary Kay business.

I took me 6 months to decide to start Mary Kay and I'm happy that I did, because I love all the products!!!! Plus meeting new people and helping them, it gives me a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. The funny thing is, I never before thought I was a people person, but thanks to my mom I have the gift of gab and enjoy make up and skincare. Another funny thing is I also discovered at my age (45 +) is you are never too old to discover new things about yourself.

I understand where your coming from Celly, but where there's a will there's a way! I am determined to learn all that I can about the cosmetology world, improve my skills, my life and my income!

So I STILL welcome any comments and suggestions, Thanks & God Bless Ya!

Anita