You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail Technician License
Hello my name is Daniela. I moved from Germany to the US and I had my own Nail salon in Germany. I thought I can use my License here in the US, but the state won't accept my license and now I'm looking for a school close to my house. I live in St Charles MO. I also know that I can work in a Nail Salon too . It called apprenticeship. If anyone could help me I would be grateful. All the schools that I called offered me only the whole package with hair and make up , but I only want to do Nails. I'm thankful for every answer.
Daniela
manicuring only http://tspastlouis.com/nail-technology/
Thank you. I talked to them yesterday . They don't have a class right now. Maybe next year.
I'm not 100% sure on how the apprentice program works in MO, but generally speaking you get hired on, work while being trained by the owner and she puts in your hours to the state. You should call the state to see if they have a list of pre-approved salons for an apprentice program or how to go about it. I might also call the state again about getting your license without having to do all that if you already are trained. Maybe they have a program where you just need to be tested locally to gain your license. I helped a girl from Trinidad investigate that means of getting licensed in NY some time ago.
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Thank you for your help. I already called them and they told me that I have to do a new license here, because in Germany you don't have to go to school. You work with a trainer together and get your license. But they told me they cannot approve this from the US. I went to the lawyer in Germany and got my hours notarized , because I called the board before I moved and I did everything what they told me, but now they won't accept it. I will call them and ask for the apprenticeship. Thank you for this post. Hopefully this will help. I really appreciate your help !!! :-)
Daniella, like I said.. call back and ask again, mention you read the Rules & Statutes and it looks like maybe you are eligible to obtain a license.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/chapters/chap329.htm
section: 329.130.
Quote:2. A person may apply to take the examination required by subsection 1 of this section if the person is a graduate of a school of cosmetology or apprentice program in another state or territory of the United States which has substantially the same requirements as an educational establishment licensed pursuant to this chapter. A person may apply to take the examination required by subsection 1 of this section if the person is a graduate of an educational establishment in a foreign country that provides training for a classified occupation of cosmetology, as defined by section 329.010, and has educational requirements that are substantially the same requirements as an educational establishment licensed under this chapter. The board has sole discretion to determine the substantial equivalency of such educational requirements. The board may require that transcripts from foreign schools be submitted for its review, and the board may require that the applicant provide an approved English translation of such transcripts.

I'm going to ask a friend who is on the board in Indiana to read the whole section and comment for you..
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Thank you for your help. I already called them and they told me that I have to do a new license here, because in Germany you don't have to go to school. You work with a trainer together and get your license. But they told me they cannot approve this from the US. I went to the lawyer in Germany and got my hours
Sorry, my stupid phone. I post the same again
Thank you so much for your help. They told me on the phone that Germany don't have the same rules than the US and that's why they don't accept my hours. I have a paper that shows 880h notarized. I can email you all the paperwork that I have. My teacher in Germany would send me more if I need something else. And the schools here only offer school with hair and I don't have 23000$. And hair is really nothing for me. . Thanks again.
you have 8 HUNDRED hours certified and MO wont accept that??? wait a day or 2 until Diana gets to read the MO rules and make more sense of them than I can.. There is no need for you to spend $23,000 on school! you dont need a doctor's degree Smile just a nail license! I'm going to post to my other resource also and see if anyone else has an idea..
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin

Thank you so much. You're awesome !! If I would live closer to you I would come by and hug you
I don't have any helpful advice, but I just HAD to chime in to say "Deb, You are The Best!" How wonderful of you to use your resources to help so many! I know that your hard work here & in the nail industry in general goes unnoticed, so I just felt it necessary to chime in with that. *Bowing down in your presents* Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
Have you looked at the course offerings at technical colleges. I went to a technical college not a "cosmetology school."
(07-12-2014, 10:35 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: Have you looked at the course offerings at technical colleges. I went to a technical college not a "cosmetology school."

OH OH OH.. great thought, I forgot about that.. Here in NY we have a "technical school" BOCES where teens in 11th & 12th grade can learn a school. They go, usually 1/2 day the entire school year for 11th & 12th or just 12th grade. Then they have adult education at night which is where I did get my nail license... so Daniella, now I'll tell you to not only call the local community college, but the high school and ask about adult ed, nail classes!!!

(and oh oh.. thanks Darcy, I'm not worthy of your praise Wink )
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 2,139
09-01-2015, 11:16 PM
Last PostGlam
Replies: 0
Views: 1,177
02-17-2015, 11:19 PM