You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nomma Liquid and DeEnterprises Powder
Hi all! I've been lurking for awhile, and I'm new to the nail industry. I'm about 3/4 of the way through my hours (600 in Oklahoma) and I'm getting really excited about getting out on my own.

I have been soaking up YouTube videos on different techniques and trying them out on the girls in the school, as well as some brave clientele that are fine with me using them as "guinea pigs". I'm having a blast! In one of the videos I've been watching, the tech uses acrylic L&P from Deenterprises.com. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of it or tried it?

Thanks!
Beth Heart
I tried a sample and found it was easy to apply, but yellowed in a few days. I've been using Omego L&P from Nailite and for me it's a dream product. If you call and ask, they'll send you samples of darn near anything you want to try. They have awesome customer service too! Here's the link:
http://www.nailiteinc.com/
Welcome to the board!
Jan in CO
(06-30-2014, 09:41 PM)youvegotnail! Wrote: I tried a sample and found it was easy to apply, but yellowed in a few days. I've been using Omego L&P from Nailite and for me it's a dream product. If you call and ask, they'll send you samples of darn near anything you want to try. They have awesome customer service too! Here's the link:

Welcome to the board!
Jan in CO

Thanks so much for your reply! I think I will not be ordering any of their products.

I actually use Omega and have for several weeks now. I have had some clients with lifting, and some that can go for 2+ weeks with no problem. I have tweaked my prep, tried different bonders (including Linkage) and it's almost seems like a roll of the dice if it will lift on this client compared to that client.

Do you have any specific pointers using Omega? I use CND cuticle remover, push back the cuticles using a pusher and then a curette, then I use a 180 grit to remove the shine from the nail and cleanse with an acetone/alcohol 50/50 mix and a lint-free wipe, then use the nail prep from Nailite. After that, I use my bonder, which I am currently using NSI SuperBond and have been having better luck with that compared to Nailite's Something Wonderful. I usually do one coat of the SuperBond, and then lately I have been applying another coat right before applying acrylic, and it seems to be adhering better.

Any tips would be MUCH appreciated! I LOVE Nailite and their products and would prefer to continue using them if I can figure out the lifting problems on the different clients.

Try curing the Something Wonderful 30 seconds in LED lamp or 2 minutes in a UV. Also watch FingerNail Fixer's video on YouTube on Nail Prep. It seems like it would add a lot of time to a service, but once you do it on a few clients it goes fast.
Also, try scrubbing the nail plate with a manicure brush after spritzing with 99% alcohol in a spray bottle. Make sure you get right down in the lateral folds with the brush. I find I have better luck with the straight alcohol instead of mixing with acetone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttxRWkbwGIg

Good Luck!
I like DeEnterprises Nomma plus. I haven't noticed clients with yellowing acrylic. The adhesion to the nail is the best I've used. As far as primers I believe acid is the best way to go. I'd been using NSI superbond for a long time now I use No Lift Nails because I can get it locally. I do all of my prep with a sanding band (removing the cuticles and the shine from the nails). I think Greg from Young Nails may have a video for this. It may not be your prep another thing to consider is if you are making the acrylic thin around the cuticles. On my clients the new growth blends right in with the nail with acrylic overlay. There shouldn't be a ridge or bump.
(07-23-2014, 05:06 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: I like DeEnterprises Nomma plus. I haven't noticed clients with yellowing acrylic. The adhesion to the nail is the best I've used. As far as primers I believe acid is the best way to go. I'd been using NSI superbond for a long time now I use No Lift Nails because I can get it locally. I do all of my prep with a sanding band (removing the cuticles and the shine from the nails). I think Greg from Young Nails may have a video for this. It may not be your prep another thing to consider is if you are making the acrylic thin around the cuticles. On my clients the new growth blends right in with the nail with acrylic overlay. There shouldn't be a ridge or bump.

Thanks for the information! I will double check my cuticle area and make sure they are blended well. I'm always worried about overfiling, though, as I know this can also cause lifting!

When you used the SuperBond, did you apply acrylic to a wet layer of the SuperBond, or did you let the SuperBond dry before placing acrylic?

With nsi super bond after the second coat I immediately start applying the acrylic. When I start it is wet, but by the time I get to the last nails it is dry. I'm not meticulous about applying it before I start every finger so it will be wet.
If you are getting yellowing with Nomma Plus it will come from 2 factors. The first is applying the acrylic to WET primer. Allow the primer to dry fully before applying acrylic. Applying acrylic to wet primer can yellow the acrylic in as little as 2 days.

Secondly, using a very old primer or a contaminated primer can also lead to yellowing.

I assure you that Nomma Plus's quality control is top notch.
Also, Nomma Plus gallons are on sale through the end of August.
(07-28-2014, 01:03 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: With nsi super bond after the second coat I immediately start applying the acrylic. When I start it is wet, but by the time I get to the last nails it is dry. I'm not meticulous about applying it before I start every finger so it will be wet.

Great, thank you for the tips!
(07-31-2014, 04:30 PM)Dnails Wrote: If you are getting yellowing with Nomma Plus it will come from 2 factors. The first is applying the acrylic to WET primer. Allow the primer to dry fully before applying acrylic. Applying acrylic to wet primer can yellow the acrylic in as little as 2 days.

Secondly, using a very old primer or a contaminated primer can also lead to yellowing.

I assure you that Nomma Plus's quality control is top notch.
Also, Nomma Plus gallons are on sale through the end of August.

Hi, Dnails, is there anyway I can get a sample of Nomma Plus and DeEnterprises powder? I would love to try it out.
nailgirl2000, of course I can send you samples. Send me an email to [email protected] with you your name, phone number, address and license number. I can put a kit together for you. We send samples daily so I can have them to you this week...given you're in the contiguous 48 states.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 198
11-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Last Postcamobeauty
Replies: 0
Views: 952
08-12-2016, 02:35 AM