You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faster SOG hints?
Shellac comes off great in 5 minutes. No problem. Well, sometimes the base does not dissolve completely.

LED cured OPI not so great. What have you found to work well?

Like the LED cure times, so fast. But not a great tradeoff with the soak off times.

Any hints appreciated.
1: lightly hand file shine off.
2: wrap each finger.
3: wrap hands in a hot towel.
Clients love it! Feels like an added treat!!
after 10 min of soaking what ever doesn't come off easily with a pusher i lightly buff off with a file.
I suggest a proprietary remover instead of pure acetone. It works much faster.
I wanted to add that when I soak off I remove the shine from one hand and wrap those fingers before starting the second hand. 10 minutes after I finished the first hand I start removing the gel. I go ahead and clip and file the nails on that hand before unwrapping/removing the gel on the second hand.
Great idea ,jimsjadab ! I am going to try this for sure ,makes perfect sense...

What is a proprietary remover ? Could you name a few brands?
thanks
CND Nourishing Remover (for Shellac). Gelish Remover (Gelish), OPI Expert Touch Remover (OPI Gelcolor) to name a few
(07-23-2014, 04:55 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: I wanted to add that when I soak off I remove the shine from one hand and wrap those fingers before starting the second hand. 10 minutes after I finished the first hand I start removing the gel. I go ahead and clip and file the nails on that hand before unwrapping/removing the gel on the second hand.

Tried this ,works great ,I just have to remember to clip and file the hand I wrapped first. Thanks so much for this great tip !!!!

(07-25-2014, 07:14 PM)lexibunny Wrote: Tried this ,works great ,I just have to remember to clip and file the hand I wrapped first. Thanks so much for this great tip !!!!

Your welcome. Happy to share. I picked that up from another tech.
Definitely use OPI Expert Touch rather than acetone; it is what is designed to go with GelColor. It seems to penetrate much better and does not dry the nails like acetone. Also, sometimes difficult removals are caused by too thick application. Like Shellac, OPI's base coat is hybrid, so try "scrubbing" it onto the nail.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 18
Views: 17,396
07-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Last Postjb100680