You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on curing for dark gelish color!!!
I have had this problem on several customer now, the dark gelish colors were not cured even if I cure them for 5 minutes and thumbs were so easy to get problem, do you guys have this problem? I am so frustrated for this problem, light color did not have any curing problem, only dark colors. please help!!!
Hi CNails, I only have this happen on my older Gelish colors. Have you #1 checked your bulbs? #2 made sure the product is mixed REALLY well. Sometimes I even take an orange-wood stick and stir it to make sure it is stirred well. I am guessing if you are curing 5 minutes you are using a UV light still? Even though it is very costly, the LED light from Harmony is awesome. It has dropped about 15 minutes off my time! Plus, I do not have to worry about bulbs anymore.
And try using 3 VERY thin coats of color and curing between each.
But....when you say they are not curing, can you describe to me what exactly that means? Are you just getting some color on your TIO brush when applying? Or are you wiping off patches of color when wiping the inhibition layer off at the end of the service.
And when curing are you using a 4 bulb, 36 watt tunnel lamp? The kind with bulbs on each side of the interior? If not, you may need to do a 4 finger cure and the thumbs by themselves.
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
Thank you-snailnails2004,c-c my nails! My problem is the dark gelish color come off when I wipe the tacky layer after the top coat cured. We use the UV light, they should be 36 watt bulb one because we don't get problem on shellac with these lamps. Do I need wipe nails after base coat curing? if I do, what I should use to wipe it? This problem really bothers me! Please help!
Your application should be: "scrub" in a very thin coat of Foundation, cure 60 seconds, "dry-wipe" the Foundation layer with a dry gel brush, apply color--thinly--up to and over the free edge of the nail so thinly that it is even patchy, cure 120 seconds (2 min) repeat this one or two more times to get complete coverage, apply TIO--thinly--up to and over the free edge of the nail and cure 120 seconds (2 min) and then wipe inhibition layer with a lint free wipe and alcohol or cleanse. Only at the very end do you wipe the inhibition layer and you should not be getting any color off. If you are wiping color off--and still curing the proper times--I would look at replacing your bulbs. If you use your lamp daily on 4 or more clients a day, you are probably looking at needing to replace your bulbs every two months-minimum.
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
thank u c c my nails.i will try ur way!
I've had the same issue with color wiping off on inner edge of thumbs. Thankfully my client was fine with it and excited about how it looked anyways. I haven't tried this yet, but can you REPAIR this by putting more gelish color on top of the TIO and then another coat of TIO? Or would I need another coat of Foundation, color, TIO? It's just on the thumbs. Thanks in advance... Smile
(07-16-2012, 10:37 AM)BeautyAddict Wrote: I've had the same issue with color wiping off on inner edge of thumbs. Thankfully my client was fine with it and excited about how it looked anyways. I haven't tried this yet, but can you REPAIR this by putting more gelish color on top of the TIO and then another coat of TIO? Or would I need another coat of Foundation, color, TIO? It's just on the thumbs. Thanks in advance... Smile

Hello, you have to remember that gel will stick to inhibition layer or a rough surface. It will not stick to a cleansed gel surface properly. So if you need to do a touch up, make sure you score the surface first with a 180 grit file.

As far as if you need to use Foundation again, that would depend on if the natural nail is exposed or not. If it is exposed than yes, use Foundation. If you just had a wrinkle or something on the second coat, then no you shouldn't need Foundation.

And by the way, when this happens on the thumbs, it usually means the clients hand wasn't positioned properly in the lamp. So check that next time she is in.

Hope this helps!

Jesse
Awesome thank you. I'll try it on myself this afternoon. Much appreciated

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,166
11-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Last Postsofi