You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N S S ?
What constitutes a NSS?

If it JUST because its foreign owned & operated - ?

Is it only based on practices?

I'm in a new salon - foreign owned & operated.
Very busy place considering where I was previously....
However its not as bad as I've seen out there, but its TOTALLY not as clean & operating the way I was......
I was soooooo gun-ho on leaving my slow slow slow salon & now I'm in a place that's busy & not quite up to *what I consider * par.....
Example:
Mani table barely wiped, same towel used pretty much all day, I wash my hands between clients- others not really, pedi tubs are sprayed with a lemon scented cleaner & sponge & rinsed between clients, files & buffers reused + NOT SI
SPRAYED with alcohol even, implements scrubbed with barbaside & in sterilizer box....... They are FAST-- I am SLOW :-(
I sat next to a guy & he did 2 pedis in the same time I did 1!!!
And as I chat the clients tell me this place is inexpensive & CLEAN??

I'm only allowed to do Mani Pedi & a few gel polish- I feel like I'm not good enough & I see that my nails look bad-- perhaps I'm rushing... I had this happen before in a salon I was in - my confidence plummeted & my work did too. The slow salon I did better-

I'm trying to figure out if I'm in a NSS or not..... is it just yes or no or is this an in between & is it acceptable? My gut says no....
Trust your gut . . . the health and safety of your clients and your professional reputation are at risk.
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
I know-- and it BAFFLES me that several clients say how clean they are..... I have seen WORSE.... but I've seen them do a pedi & walk over & start to do nails- not washing hands!!!! Drives me nuts!
The UV sterilizer SMELLS LIKE....FEET!

I don't get it????
Um, run.

There is no such thing a a "UV Sterilizer". It may say UV Sterilizer on it but it doesn't do anything.

"Example:
Mani table barely wiped, same towel used pretty much all day, I wash my hands between clients- others not really, pedi tubs are sprayed with a lemon scented cleaner & sponge & rinsed between clients, files & buffers reused + NOT SI
SPRAYED with alcohol even, implements scrubbed with barbaside & in sterilizer box....... They are FAST-- I am SLOW :-(
I sat next to a guy & he did 2 pedis in the same time I did 1!!!
And as I chat the clients tell me this place is inexpensive & CLEAN??"

Just those reasons alone would make me run for the hills.

There are better places out there.

And I can't believe ppl don't see what I see???????
Or think one client getting up from the table & another sitting down immediately is OK????? A quick shake of the towel to get dust off - and start next client?

We use that purple MR Pumice bar-- over & over & over - I use soap & a Mani brush to at least try to scrub it clean before next client- but there has to be funk in it??????

This type of place is what people think is acceptable- I want to be BUSY - but after 1 week I'm finding my head can't get past it even though I LOVE being busier!!!! I actually feel bad.....
The true definition as set down but a pow-wow of techs at Premiere Orlando many years ago..
not following industry standards, not following state law as far as sanitation is concerned.. it has ZERO.. repeat ZERO do do with who owns, operates or works in the shop.. many of of have seen very high end salons that dont come close to following state board rules

bells here are not washing hands, reusing files, reuse of purple pumace bar..

There is a difference between a discount salon and a NSS for instance.. less amenities but still follows state sanitation laws

No they dont see.. they MIGHT see that this shop has less schmootz on the floor, the bathrooms is cleaner.. they dont know what we know, they dont know the law and what they can and should be doing or not doing..

Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Thanks Debbie *
That's it in a nut shell-- ironically - bathroom is clean, it appears clean, when you get right down to it --is it really :-( no
OK now I find out the girl helping me- was receptionist - 4 yrs ago & the former owner taught her nails.....
I found in wrapped pedi slippers & toe separators-- I believe they reuse them
:-(
Well I thought places were clean until I went to school. I get why people think places are clean. I don't know if I've ever seen a truly clean place. I work somewhere where its $100 for Mani/Pedi. You think it's clean? No, it's pretty. So people assume it's clean.
NY Licensed Nail + Waxing Tech
Owner/Developer Suite Tee
http://www.Facebook.com/TashawnaH
Instagram: @SuiteTee
See working by myself I knew it was clean!
However- lack of clients.....

Where's the balance?
I always tell owners to not worry about the salon down the street, but worry about your's

If the salon is busy then work it like you own it, don't worry about what other are doing but work you table/work station as you own it.
J Pham
No boundaries, just possibility.

http://www.facebook.com/jphamfb