You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween Nail Art ?
So...this is a weird question. Background story is last year my brother-in-law was Frankenstein for Halloween. We did some really cool nails on him as part of his costume. This year he want s to be a Werewolf. Last year I just layer colored acrylic on his natural nail, no prep. At the end of the night he was able to pop them off with no trouble. Since he is going to be a Werewolf, he wants his nails to be short, but pointy and very rounded on top. ( we love Halloween in our family). So...my question is..if I put a layer of tape down on his natural nail, build over the top, will we be able to get the nail off? Essentially creating our own tips so that we could do the work, but just glue them on as needed for the night. Yes, I thought of just designing plastic tips the way he wanted them and applying them later. He's a guy, his nails are huge and none of the tips I have are big enough.
Anyway, your thoughts or suggestions please.
Thanks so much,
Heather
It could possibly work but I think the tape won't be able to hold the weight of the nail. Why can't you get some toenail tips? That way you can size them to his nails, trim, shape, and then apply acrylic, even paint them. You've got plenty of time to order the tips. Even a pack of 0's might be big enough. I've got a # for a place in Houston that sells them if you don't have a source close to you.

Once you get them done, a little dab of glue will hold them on.
Heather,
I have a suggestion. Many Years ago when I was in beauty college, we used to put a small amount of cuticle oil on the nail bed. Then we would build our temporary nail. We did not "prep" the nail like we would normally. That way when we were done we could just "pop" them off with no damage to our nails. Maybe that will work for you to "create" your own nail.
Quote:Heather,
I have a suggestion. Many Years ago when I was in beauty college, we used to put a small amount of cuticle oil on the nail bed. Then we would build our temporary nail. We did not "prep" the nail like we would normally. That way when we were done we could just "pop" them off with no damage to our nails. Maybe that will work for you to "create" your own nail.

we had a similar solution when I was in school. We "prepped" the nail with a small amount of vaseline before building the nail.[/quote]
Yes, thanks . I did think of applying oil before the acrylic. I should be more specific. I meant, tape on the natural nail, creating a barrier between the natural nail and the enhancement. Wrapping the tape around the finger first. Therefore simply pulling the tape off, leaving the enhancement fully intact but removed from the nailbed and able to be reapplied at a later date. Do u think this would work? Am I making sense? You guys are such a big help. Thanks again! Smile
I gotcha! Makes sense to me... You would just have to be careful to pres the tape into the cuticle and side wall area so you get a true fit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 619
10-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Last PostNailsbyNSI
Replies: 8
Views: 4,326
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM