You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
backscratchers/gel polish ?
Please backscratcher extreme users. can gel polish be used and if so what prep is used and how is the gel polished removed preserving the backscratcher finish ? Thanks for the help ! HAVE A GREAT WEEK !
Well you have a very valid question here.. because BS Extreme is a resin based system and the gel polish soaks off in acetone which will break down the resin, you have cause for concern here.. To get the right answer for you, I just emailed my 2 contacts over at BS to come and respond..

Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

From Backscratchers Roe Van Epps:

Any gel polish can be used over any Backscratchers product. The application is as follows:

Gel Polish Application

1. Complete the entire Backscratchers product application as directed. Final result with a shinny cured surface.
2. Using a 240 grit file, slightly buff the finished nail surface – being careful to not reduce the product, just remove all shine.
3. Dust off nail surface.
4. Apply gel polish as instructed by manufacturer – be sure to apply their base/adhesion layer, color and top coat.

Removing the gel polish is usually done with pure acetone. Unfortunately, this also dissolves the Backscratchers products as well.

Therefore, I usually removed the gel polish with a 100 & 180 grit file, which will remove the color but keep the integrity of the product underneath. Just be sure to reseal the Backscratchers product surface when you are done – even if you are reapplying gel color.

(02-16-2014, 10:22 PM)hanksmar Wrote: Please backscratcher extreme users. can gel polish be used and if so what prep is used and how is the gel polished removed preserving the backscratcher finish ? Thanks for the help ! HAVE A GREAT WEEK !

Any gel polish can be used over any Backscratchers product. The application is as follows:

Gel Polish Application

1. Complete the entire Backscratchers product application as directed. Final result with a shinny cured surface.
2. Using a 240 grit file, slightly buff the finished nail surface – being careful to not reduce the product, just remove all shine.
3. Dust off nail surface.
4. Apply gel polish as instructed by manufacturer – be sure to apply their base/adhesion layer, color and top coat.

Removing the gel polish is usually done with pure acetone. Unfortunately, this also dissolves the Backscratchers products as well.
Therefore, I usually removed the gel polish with a 100 & 180 grit file, which will remove the color but keep the integrity of the product underneath. Just be sure to reseal the Backscratchers product surface when you are done – even if you are reapplying gel color.

Jessica Hartwell
Marketing Manager
Backscratchers Salon Systems, Inc.
Tech Support (800) 832-5577
http://www.backscratchers.com
Thank you very much for checking and answering my question, I appreciate it very much!