You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advise from all you nail techs
hello ladies, I am a licensed estheitician and nail tech. my licenses are still current although i have been working in an office for the past couple of years. I have noticed recently there seems to be a lot of nail jobs posted on craigslist. i only do natural nails. i never mastered the acrylics and really don't want to work with the chemicals(i'm a natural girl). anyway, is there really a need, are women really getting natural nail manicures? it was such a struggle when the economy went bad, i just couldn't pay a mortgage on a commission based salary. I am considering getting back into nails and skin. anyone have any insight??? thanks!
I barely do regular nail polish- mostly gel polish & hard gel. My current salon doesn't offer acrylic nails. I find most people don't want to wait for nail polish to dry - problems smudging- even with all the new quick dry brands. The salon I was in before didn't offer acrylic nails either.... I'm not good @ acrylic because I f
Don't do them. I prefer hard gels anyway-- gel polish is considered "natural" since its soak off -- at least where I'm from ( NJ ).
thank you.
I just opened my salon 5 months ago and we only offer natural nail services- classic polish and gel polish. We offer pedis, manis, skin care, and waxing. We will remove enhancements but that is it. We are doing really well and have client after client tell us they are so glad to find a natural nails only salon because they hate the fumes of other salons.

of course there is a need for natural nail manicures but you must learn SOG. Its so easy to learn.
(02-13-2014, 08:15 PM)plumgirl Wrote: I just opened my salon 5 months ago and we only offer natural nail services- classic polish and gel polish. We offer pedis, manis, skin care, and waxing. We will remove enhancements but that is it. We are doing really well and have client after client tell us they are so glad to find a natural nails only salon because they hate the fumes of other salons.

thank you plum girl and silly soup. that is so great to here. i guess there are people who just want to go "natural" like me. and yes i have worked with the opi axium gel/polish. but i hear they have an even better gel polish now. i will have to check it out. thanks ladies!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,441
03-17-2016, 03:09 PM
Last Postpronailprincesa
Replies: 0
Views: 1,166
01-14-2016, 02:51 PM