You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluesky gel polish advice
Hi,

I am very new to all this so am looking for some advice. I have a cheap led 6watt curing lamp and have purchased some Bluesky polish as this has been recommended to me.

My question is does anyone know how long I should be curing this polish for? The internet is just a mass of differing opinions and I am so confused. The Bluesky website says that either UV or LED is fine but does not mention wattage or curing time.

Thanks in advance

Kirsty
(12-19-2013, 06:13 PM)sllimk1984 Wrote: Hi,

I am very new to all this so am looking for some advice. I have a cheap led 6watt curing lamp and have purchased some Bluesky polish as this has been recommended to me.

My question is does anyone know how long I should be curing this polish for? The internet is just a mass of differing opinions and I am so confused. The Bluesky website says that either UV or LED is fine but does not mention wattage or curing time.

Thanks in advance

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty,

Basically begin with clean nails, apply base coat then 2 layers of colour then top coat. All having 2 minutes of curing time under the lamp for each layer applied. Make sure to apply each layer thinly because that will help it to not peal.

Hope this helps.
Personally, I wouldn't use that brand as it's inferior to others out there. That's just my opinion.
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!

Thanks in advance

Kirsty

Bluesky (like CCO) is a counterfeit brand. That is, it copies well-known brands like CND Shellac and HNH Gelish, uses their graphic identity, colors names, bottle shapes and designs. It is designed to deceive either the nail tech or the client into thinking they're getting the real thing. Bluesky has been successfully sued by both CND and HNH and has had to remove "Shellac" and "Gelish" from their bottles as well as produce MSDS for their products. As you see, they provide little information and no training, education or customer support like professional brands do. The product itself is considered difficult to remove.

I think that professionals ought to reject counterfeit "brands" on their face. It does not project a professional image to use a counterfeit product. Personally, I don't see the value in using counterfeits; there are a number of legitimate brands out there like IBD Just Gel, TruGel and SuperNails ProGel that cost less than Bluesky and CCO.
Good info as it sounds she is new & unfortunately got guided in the wrong direction- hope the info helps! There's plenty to choose from @ great price points!

Thanks in advance

Kirsty

I got a great kit with Led lamp and around 10 polishes from BlueskyGel website in Melbourne.
Your right about the 6 watt Led lam you purchased - it's really not going to be strong enough to do the job. I think the minimum led wattage that is sold at BlueskyGel.com.au is a 9watt, which still needs around 2 minutes curing time.
I would suggest going with the 36 watt UV salon lamp if your worried about cost as they are only $40 (gloves or sunscreen a good option if you dont want the uv factor)
The best Led lamp on the market are 40-48 watt Led curing lamps used in salons which are around $140. Great value in the long run -
Also they have about 300 colours last time I checked.:-o:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 12
Views: 9,019
11-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Last PostDonna Nails
Replies: 3
Views: 3,597