You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
glitter storage
I'm trying to find something that i can keep my glitters in order and accessible..When I look i fumble threw a box of mess ,does anyone have a sight that sells something?? I saw something on one sight but not sure where .it was a platform with test tube looking holder..
I bought a boatload of these a couple of years ago. I know... they're in China and the shipping takes awhile but they're dirt cheap. And if you buy them from a US company, guess what? Same jars at 5x the price. I stick a label on the bottom and fill them from my larger jars. That way, they don't take up a lot of room. I also use them for mylar, crushed shells and a million other things. I stack the boxes in a drawer of my "art cart" and just roll the whole thing up to my table. The great thing is that you can see at a glance what colors are in each box. LOVE the clear tops!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Empty-Storag...4d159141dc

If you look on ebay, I bet you could find them for less.

And this is my art cart if anyone's interested:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/seville-10-...n+Multi-Co

Thanks!
I also have the same jars, but I bought mine at the container store even cheaper than the ones on eBay. I bought very small magnets and glued them to the bottom of the jars with E6000 glue. I bought a piece of metal flashing from Home Depot and cut it to size to fit in a big frame I had spray painted to match my salon. Looks beautiful and VERY easy to find exactly what I need without having to dig for it. Clients love oooohhhhing and ahhhhhhing over all my glitters and stones :-)
(12-15-2013, 12:58 PM)kelznailz Wrote: I also have the same jars, but I bought mine at the container store even cheaper than the ones on eBay. I bought very small magnets and glued them to the bottom of the jars with E6000 glue. I bought a piece of metal flashing from Home Depot and cut it to size to fit in a big frame I had spray painted to match my salon. Looks beautiful and VERY easy to find exactly what I need without having to dig for it. Clients love oooohhhhing and ahhhhhhing over all my glitters and stones :-)

can you send me a couple pics [email protected]
thanks!!!
Sure, but won't be at the salon to take a pic until tomorrow
I use the clear containers with screw on lids from Michaels ,that are used to store jewelry making items like beads and clasps. They come in two sizes, and come in their own clear, flat box that holds about 12 containers. Makes it easy to see the colors, and the boxes stack on top of each other nicely. I keep them in a drawer in my table...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 1,768
06-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Last Postpropeditech
Replies: 1
Views: 2,011
06-09-2012, 10:24 PM