You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acrylic paint for nailart
Does anyone use acrylic paint to do nail art? If so which brand? Do you have any problems with the gel topcoat chipping off???
"Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity." Smile
Good question- I have this stuff - I know some salons use it or craft paint to airbrush on top of hard gel or gel polish & then they seal with hard gel or gel polish--- but does it work????? I've screen people come in that had nails done elsewhere & have gel top coat that has cracked & wonder if that was the cause????

I use gel polish or gel paint as much as possible to do nail art so I can cure it HOWEVER---ITS much much more expensive!!!!
hello girls! my english is not so good, but I will try to respond!
I usually use acrylic paint for nailart! /one stroke technique/
the way to do it:
after curing the gel nails,or acrylic nails
you must
1. use nails files to file the form
2. use polish block /buffer/ to refine
3. you paint /attention the acrylic paint must be thin!!!!/
if needed, you can paint 2 layer, but always make attention, the paint must be thin!!!!
4. before apply the sealer gel wait the paint must be dry!!!!
5. apply 1 layer of sealer, cure it 10 seconds
6. aply 1 more layer of sealer and cure it 3 minutes in uv lampe!
check out the homepage of my site, there is my video how to apply sealer on the painting w w w . palfimariann . com
here I paint the one stroke with acrylics painting, and apply the sealer this way.
ps: sorry for my bad english

If you success paint thin, the handpainted nail art support 3-4 weeks!!!!
and U can use water to slacken the acrymic paint!!!
You can use any brand of acrylic paint. The quality lies in the consistency. You can also use watercolours, depending on the effect you're after.

Over in the US you have Michaels and WalMart...you can get any colour you like in there.

For acrylics, I like the Liquitex brand and a brand I bought online from Korea. (I can't read Korean...lol). Watercolour I use Winsor & Newton.

As Muci has said, I also buff the nail, paint the design then seal it. I usually use builder gel for this then I use a sealant.

Acrylic is very versatile. In addition to metallic colours, you can mix in a slow drying medium for longer time to complete your design, a flow medium to thin it out (I don't like using water), glazing medium to give it a gloss, a mat medium to give you a matte effect and the list goes on.

But no, you don't have to buy the paints a nail company sells. You get a larger range, a bigger choice and a cheaper price if you look at art and department stores.
(01-04-2014, 09:59 AM)Aifa Wrote: You can use any brand of acrylic paint. The quality lies in the consistency. You can also use watercolours, depending on the effect you're after.

Over in the US you have Michaels and WalMart...you can get any colour you like in there.

For acrylics, I like the Liquitex brand and a brand I bought online from Korea. (I can't read Korean...lol). Watercolour I use Winsor & Newton.

As Muci has said, I also buff the nail, paint the design then seal it. I usually use builder gel for this then I use a sealant.

Acrylic is very versatile. In addition to metallic colours, you can mix in a slow drying medium for longer time to complete your design, a flow medium to thin it out (I don't like using water), glazing medium to give it a gloss, a mat medium to give you a matte effect and the list goes on.

But no, you don't have to buy the paints a nail company sells. You get a larger range, a bigger choice and a cheaper price if you look at art and department stores.

What sealant do you use?

Thanks
Experts tend to prefer the Italian acrylic paints; Poly Colour or APA
Iryna Giblett Nail Products Inc., Sweden
http://www.irynagiblett.com
Great information! Thanks so much for sharing this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,200
07-20-2015, 08:16 AM
Last PostNailTech.com
Replies: 2
Views: 1,476
03-05-2014, 01:41 AM