You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
business slow down
hi all....

just curious what you all do when/if your business slows down before the holidays? I don't like to give percents off... am looking for ideas other than that... TIA!!
i dont discount but what i do is give something, new clients get a mini bottle of cuticle oil with a new set, i also tell them if someone comes and tells me they sent them i will give a free fill for every 3 that say her name.. i keep a record so i can keep up on her client card and i make a note on the new clients cards as who sent them. reward is a great incentive.. but live by the discount die by the discount is my motto..lol..
not sure what size town you are in but i had good luck with advertising on the local radio station. you might check on that, just getting your name out there can sometimes do wonders
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
I don't like to discount regular services, so I am focusing on adding value for my specials.

Two things I'm doing right now to keep my books full as we go into winter (I have snow birds who will be leaving for 4-5 months at the end of the year!):

1) My regular spa pedicure is $52, I am currently offering a "Deluxe" special for $57 that adds a hand treatment and take home product ($19 retail value). I am using the Cuccio Pomegranate & Fig and the Milk & Honey, check out their promos! I ony paid $4.95 for the product! This is a great special for me, since people who usually get the more basic pedicure actually upgraded to the special, so far I've booked 9 specials, and that boosts my time in the chair and gives them a great treat. Your special could add any items that have a high perceived value without costing you a ton.

2) I bought the Cuccio mango hand peel, grapeseed oil, and Deep Dermal wrap, and am offering a "hand facial" for $18 as a stand alone or $10 when added to their nail service.

For Jan-Feb when I'm expecting things to slow down (snow birds will be gone) I'm planning to do a "referral drive" I always offer $5 for every referral, but I'm thinking about doubling that, plus having a prize drawing for any referrals that come in in these two months, as it increases my chances of the new clients living here year around.

HTH!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
hi ladies... tnx for the tips...

i live in a VERY small new england town... i do ALOT of french manicure shellac, natural nails and pedicures...

i am very conservative myself.. but i went wild today and have e/o finger green and orange with black shatter over it!! woo hoo!!

i am thinking of changing my menu around to just spa manicures and express manicures.. and taking a reflexology course.. also adding glitter toes....

also thinking of adding minx or dashing diva(which do you prefer?) and going more "spa like" even tho i booth rent and have a small room....

need something to break up the boredom and spice things up a bit for this sleepy little town.. there are other "spas' in town but i think i'm the only exclusively nails.....

any advice for me would be welcomed..
wldhrtd1 :
> hi all....
>
> just curious what you all do when/if your business slows down before the holidays?
> I don't like to give percents off... am looking for ideas other than that..
> . TIA!!

You might find some different ideas in our free e-book:
http://www.nsinails.com/nail-labs/e-book.html It's about building our business. Just need to register on the site to access it. Good luck!
Jessie Burkhardt
Director of Marketing & Communications
NSI - Advanced Products. Professionally Preferred.
http://www.nsinails.com
wldhrtd1 :
> hi ladies... tnx for the tips...
>
> i live in a VERY small new england town... i do ALOT of french manicure shellac,
> natural nails and pedicures...
>
> i am very conservative myself.. but i went wild today and have e/o finger green
> and orange with black shatter over it!! woo hoo!!
>
> i am thinking of changing my menu around to just spa manicures and express
> manicures.. and taking a reflexology course.. also adding glitter toes....
>
>
> also thinking of adding minx or dashing diva(which do you prefer?) and going
> more "spa like" even tho i booth rent and have a small room....
>
> need something to break up the boredom and spice things up a bit for this sleepy
> little town.. there are other "spas' in town but i think i'm the only exclusively
> nails.....
>
> any advice for me would be welcomed..

i love the dashing diva and it has gone over much better than minx did simpy because i can do a set of the little french tips in 25 minutes and i charge 25 bucks... my natural nail gals really like it..
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
That's a good time to assess what your shortfall is, calculate out how many hours you have available, and look at what cost effective services you can create to fill the gaps.

For example, maybe you found a great deal on lotion, or you have bottles and bottles sitting around, run a foot massage special. Do a warm towel soak with soapy water to cleanse and offer foot massage in 20 minute increments. Lowest product cost of all so it's a discounted service you can afford to offer, but not quite a discount service, just a specialty stress reliever for the holidays. And you might get lucky and have them add a mani or full pedi, or extend their mani/pedi massage.

People's schedules are hectic, and pocketbooks thinned out as they prepare for the holidays, so they really need to see a benefit and a value.
I have a different opinion than some about giving discounts, or percentages off services. If I find that my next Tuesday is a bit empty, for example, I am going to send out a quick email, and Facebook blast, and offer some sort of smoking discount. I try to analyze the services for the remainder of the week, to see what service I have the least amount of already scheduled, in order to come up with a discounted service that won't "cut off my nose to spite my face", if you know what I mean.

I have 2 thoughts on discounts...

One, if you have nothing booked, than even 50% off of the regular price of a service is more than you started with! Your product is already paid for, and sitting there with no one in your chair isn't paying the bills.

Two, you have to think like a consumer. If you are on the fence about trying something/someone new, is a free cuticle oil, or extra bit of massage (for example) going to get YOU in the door? I know that for me, it would not...

Whatever you try, you should keep very accurate records, so that you can see what worked, and what did not.
Dedee
Quote:nailsbydedee :
, you have to think like a consumer. If you are on the fence about
> trying something/someone new, is a free cuticle oil, or extra bit of massage
> (for example) going to get YOU in the door?
We often forget to think about the service, cost, or even surroundings like the clients. I know for me I price my services to be comparable to other salons like my own, and then be on the low end if I can. I also try and consider if I could afford that, or if I would want what is offered. It's a good reminder. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,379
01-23-2015, 01:48 AM
Last PostJill in Ky
Replies: 6
Views: 3,541
02-11-2014, 08:13 PM