You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Natural Nail" techs???? How many...
How many of you are stricly natural nail only technicians..even if you werent always?? I always feel like theres a stigma that you arent a "nail tech" unless you do faux nails as well
Shoot there is a stigma that you aren't a "real" nail tech if you don't do the exact type of faux nails others do, let alone only doing natural nails. There are lots of nail techs out there who earn really good money doing only natural nails. And I think with all the gel polishes available now days there is even more opportunity to do a lot more natural nail business.
I am a natural nails only...in Colorado. I went to school knowing I wouldn't do enhancements. There is a big market here for natural nails so that helps an the gel polishes have definitely helped in regards to manis.

Audra
StellaAmante :
> How many of you are stricly natural nail only technicians..even if you werent
> always?? I always feel like theres a stigma that you arent a "nail tech" unless
> you do faux nails as well

I started out at a salon that did natural nails only. I agree that you can be successful doing only natural nails. The bulk of your business there will have to come from pedicures. Then again, this was before the days of gel polish.

However, for me personally, I found it really limiting. I love the makeover that nail enhancements can provide. And I feel that to really make a good living at nails, you need to be able to handle whatever walks through the door. I strive to be proficient in all nail systems. It's part of what keeps the job challenging and interesting for me.
Quote:jb100680 :
And I feel that to really make a good living at nails, you need to be able to handle whatever walks through the door. I strive to be proficient in all nail systems. It's part of what keeps the job challenging and interesting for me.
I totally agree. For me as well, I want and need to offer enhancements like gel and acrylic because client needs can vary so greatly and I want to offer what suites them best. Now this is not the choice or desire of everyone and not one way is the right way, its a personal choice. I went years not doing pedicures and now have had to cut down on them. Limiting any service for me, limits my income and my clients happiness. But it's a sacrifice I am willing to make to be happy and healthy. You will find that when you are doing what you love, you will be rewarded anyway. It might take longer for a full book, but it will be full of what you love and you won't work a day as the saying goes.
I am a semi natural nail manicurist. I used to do tips and wraps years ago. When someone needs a wrap or a tip or powder and glue I do it.
I finally decided after 25 years of being a dinasour I needed to get with the times and learn at least Gel. The problem was then that I am a perfectionist and my work was not perfect and I got frustrated and said "forget this!".The economy then got real bad and I then decided to keep practicing and now I love Gel.
I was so happy when Shellac came out because it is very easy to use and many people that were wearing gel and acrylic have switched to the SOG's.
Whatever we don't do the "other" salons will. Why should I lose someone to them? Take classes, ask questions here,go on to youtube for tutorials,get Nail Magazines.
If you are able to get all natural clients than you are very lucky.
I have been a natural nail only tech for 14 years and love it. I have not needed to take new clients for about 8 years. Most of all my clients have been with me for 10 years. They love that I only work with natural nails. I would not have it any other way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 1,987
07-17-2017, 06:30 AM
Last Postthreadinghairspa
Replies: 0
Views: 1,398
03-17-2016, 03:09 PM