You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Nail Art
So I'm new at this nail art stuff. How when working with glitter on gels do you get the glitter to stay in the designated area and not spread to the part of the nail that you don't want it to? Huh All help
and suggestions are welcome!!!
The best visuals are on YouTube actually- there's a ton to watch & helps!
(11-22-2013, 07:48 AM)[email protected] Wrote: The best visuals are on YouTube actually- there's a ton to watch & helps!

Thanks! I'll take a look.
Wipe the nail with alcohol before applying any glitter and then apply top coat only to the the area where you want the glitter( May have to use a nail art brush) cure, and then apply glitter to that area. You may again have to apply a small bit of top coat to the area again and cure. And then you can top coat the whole nail. Make sense? I am no expert but been working hard for the last 7 months on perfecting my gel polish application and nail art. Moving on to hard gel perfection now! You can follow me on Instagram nailsbykara Smile

Kara Speth
Nails By Kara
[email protected]
(11-24-2013, 12:11 AM)kspeth Wrote: Wipe the nail with alcohol before applying any glitter and then apply top coat only to the the area where you want the glitter( May have to use a nail art brush) cure, and then apply glitter to that area. You may again have to apply a small bit of top coat to the area again and cure. And then you can top coat the whole nail. Make sense? I am no expert but been working hard for the last 7 months on perfecting my gel polish application and nail art. Moving on to hard gel perfection now! You can follow me on Instagram nailsbykara Smile

Kara, that makes sense. I will try it. I am new at it too and practicing a lot. Experimenting with different techniques in order to find which one works best for me. I'll try this. Thanks.