You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do any of you...
Hi, just wondering if any of you routinely expect your clients to remove their own polish ,and wrap their own nails to remove their gel polish when they come in for their appointment. Any thoughts on this ?
The only time I ever ask a client to remove their own polish is if the put on a sparkle nail polish and they are getting pink and white next..because it saves so much time.. other then that never.. I do like it when they come in with it off for me however.
CND master tech
OPI certified tech
*get inspired every day*
I like when they come in with it off too,which is almost never, but I feel like that is part of the job they are paying me for...just very curious to see how many techs expect the client to do it themselves. I work in a shop with another tech whose clients always come in and take of polish/ gel polish, then sit and wait for her. Just have never seen this, and knowing how my clients are, was wondering how she " gets away with", for lack of a better way to say it ,lol. My area is rather small townish, but I have always been at a place that has mid, to more upscale clientel, which seems to be her client base, more or less, and I know my clients would not expect to do this regularly, unless maybe I charged rock bottom, or a la carte ,which my fellow tech does not. Hey, more power to her ,cuz she clearly has them trained, but I am dying to know how many others like me, think it is part of your job, and don't think it is the clients job...please respond, SOO wondering if I am a minority, or majority .
A few weeks ago I was doing some rockstar nails and the mother of a hair client who is probably in her 70s and wears acrylic came up to me and was like. "I love glitter but the lady who does my nails always fusses at me when I come in with it on. All I could do is just smile and try not to roll my eyes at her.
Lol I agree.. it is our job.. she definitely has her clients trained.. I dont expect them to remove anything themselves when they come in I only ask those few who wear pink and white if they can to remove it at home due only to time.. but if they dont or forget I never fuss.. I do it no problem. .clients have asked me if they can remove the gel themselves at home and I tell them how if they are going over 3 weeks.. but I prefer to do that myself
CND master tech
OPI certified tech
*get inspired every day*
I think it depends on what level of service you are offering - for higher levels, then I would say no, because it's all about us taking care of the client. I file off gel polish anyway, and rarely use regular polish in manicures so it's a moot point for me.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I agree, we are paid to do it. I guess then cosmos should expect clients to come in shampooed and hair brushed out. I used to work with a nail tech that would give clients a big bowl of acetone to soak of gel polish, she never dumped it, just passed it to the next client. So tacky and dirty
Thats gross! Reusing the acetone! I use wrapes to remove gel polishwith gel remover it takes ten minutes. And the hands are in mitts too... the only time gel polish should be filed off is when its over acrylic. . Not natural nails.. you can cause damage...
CND master tech
OPI certified tech
*get inspired every day*
(12-15-2013, 10:16 PM)magnailificent Wrote: Thats gross! Reusing the acetone! I use wrapes to remove gel polishwith gel remover it takes ten minutes. And the hands are in mitts too... the only time gel polish should be filed off is when its over acrylic. . Not natural nails.. you can cause damage...

I never soak off, always file. I use a hard gel for my base which also acts as a protective coating for when I file off the color. Acetone is a known skin irritant and quite frankly I tried soaking my own nails once and did not like it one bit.

Also how does one correctly dispose of used acetone?
Acetone is actually one of the safest chemicals we use.. it actually evaporates and any cotton or whatever you use should be waded up in some paper towel then placed in a sealed trash
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

(12-17-2013, 08:01 PM)BeautyTech.com Wrote: Acetone is actually one of the safest chemicals we use..

Safe doesn't mean it's not an irritant for many - it does dehydrate the skin/nails, and requires us to then rehydrate, which can be hard to do for some clients who already have problems with dry skin. Here in western WA I have clients with cracking skin due to our weather, or eczema, etc so acetone would definitely be an irritant for them!

I think that's all she was saying by calling it an irritant.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com