You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEN Poly Gel & Gel Manicures
TEN's Poly Gel is proving to be a wonderful base for the many gel polish lines and gel manicures. Because it is a poly gel and amazingly flexible it can be applied to the natural nail very thin. It is NOT a soak off gel so the soakable gel polishes are easily soaked with the TEN Poly gel remaining as a protective layer on the natural nails. You can simply buff the remaining TEN gel and reapply to the new growth and reapply the gel polish. And with Linkage you never have to worry about lifting! Diamond Shine tackles gel sealer provides a long lasting high gloss finish. Linkage and Diamond Shine are both universal. Linkage provides a NO LIFT bond to all gel and acrylics while Diamond Shine provides a durable high gloss shine to gel nails, acrylics and all gel polishes.
Brenda Anderson - President
http://www.tuffenuffnails.us
Nail Tech / Competitor
Getting back to the Basics with quality core products.
So diamond shine is a tackless gel sealer that can be used as the top coat for gel polish on natural nails?
You can't use a tackless sealer over gel polish with much success. The sog is flexible, tackless sealer is very rigid. When the nail flexes under the sealer, it causes cracking especially at the stress area. Since the sealer is bonded to the sog, the cracks will go all the way thru to the sog and cause service break down. If the nail is structured so that there's little flexion, then it's possible that a tackless sealer can be used over sog.
Also, SOG applied over traditional (non-soakable) gel won't come off with acetone unless you apply a coat of enamel base coat. It has to be filed off.
When you apply 2 thin coats of the TEN Poly Gel and 2 coats of gel polish it provides enough stability to apply the Diamond Shine with out any service break down. If the Diamond Shine is cracking, you are applying it too thick.
Before I added the Gel Polish to the TEN product line I used it on my clients for several months and wore it myself with great success. Vicki Peters has also used the gel polish with much success and it was upon her recommendation that I chose my gel polishes.
I also have 2 nail techs that test and use TEN Poly Gel with multiple gel polish brands and have had nothing but positive results.
Nail Tech / Competitor
Side note- you can use hard gel on top of natural nail, then a soak off or gel polish on top of hard gel -- then what TOP COAT- does it have to be a Soak off top coat or can it be part of the hard gel line top coat sealer? I've used hard gel sealer over my SOG over my Hard gel so when I do nails they stay looking good & I've had no issues so far. Now that I'm getting more clients using hard gel with SOG color I want to properly top coat them- can I use the hard gel sealer then? Thanks !!
YES, you can use the Diamond Shine. Most top coats are not soak off. They require you to file it away then soak the color off. I just e-file all of it off.
TEN Poly gel is working wonderful as a base for gel polishes because it is a poly gel it is flexible enough to be applied very thin so you are able to keep your gel manicures totally natural looking.
If you're building and extending the nails then you would need to apply the gel thick enough to supply strength equaled to the length. [mod edited]

Diamond Shine can be used over anything but regular nail polish. It's consistency allows you to apply it pretty thin and still get it's high gloss shine and durability. And if your gel polish cures with a tacky surface there is NO NEED to remove it. If you would like more info on Tuff Enuff Nails products, please email me
[email protected]
THANKS !!! and happy nailing !
Nail Tech / Competitor
You can use either one. The tackless sealer of course won't soak off, but you'll get better wear. If you want to soak off, use enamel base coat instead of the SOG base. Do your color coats, then SOG topcoat. It soaks off very quickly if you score the surface. Doing this I don't have to file nearly as much.
(10-31-2013, 09:35 AM)[email protected] USA Wrote: When you apply 2 thin coats of the TEN Poly Gel and 2 coats of gel polish it provides enough stability to apply the Diamond Shine with out any service break down.

ok so you couldn't do this with the traditional gel polish application they would need to be a little bit thicker.

Quote:Side note- you can use hard gel on top of natural nail, then a soak off or gel polish on top of hard gel -- then what TOP COAT- does it have to be a Soak off top coat or can it be part of the hard gel line top coat sealer? I've used hard gel sealer over my SOG over my Hard gel so when I do nails they stay looking good & I've had no issues so far. Now that I'm getting more clients using hard gel with SOG color I want to properly top coat them- can I use the hard gel sealer then? Thanks !!
I've used tackless sealer over acrylic and hard gel polished with gel polish sometimes with good results, but sometimes it has cracked. I use gel polish topcoat just to be careful but I don't like how light colors get dirty.

Quote:If you want to soak off, use enamel base coat instead of the SOG base. Do your color coats, then SOG topcoat. It soaks off very quickly if you score the surface. Doing this I don't have to file nearly as much.
I've heard this mentioned on D.I.Y. sites but I've never tried it. I think what I read was nail polish base, sog base, 2 coats sog color, sog topcoat. You don't even use the sog base? And it last for 2 weeks? I may try this... what is your prep?
"I've used tackless sealer over acrylic and hard gel polished with gel polish sometimes with good results, but sometimes it has cracked. I use gel polish topcoat just to be careful but I don't like how light colors get dirty."

I agree. On hairstylists, their nails soak up the hair color so you need to use something that won't allow the color in but be flexible. I use our Design gel for that, it's flexible and has a great shine when cured for 2 minutes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 686
03-28-2017, 10:15 PM
Last Postnailgalinaz
Replies: 0
Views: 1,036
10-22-2015, 10:54 AM