You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seeing GREEN on acrylic client...and brown under shellac??
So a client that has been wearing acrylics for years and years, suddenly got one greenie. We removed the acrylic, did the normal thing you do...I had her leave it off for a week and come back, with instructions on care at home. 2 days later, another one had a green spot....been two weeks now and we completely removed her acrylics because she had 4 of them that did this. She is my only client this is happening too, so I am 99% positive its nothing I'm doing. I throw away my files, etc. Any ideas on why this would suddenly be happening? I remember something about there being an underlying health issue?? Any ideas? She is so frustrated because her own nails peel and split withouth the acrylic. :?
Then last week I had another thing happen for the first time...a reg manicure client switched to Shellac for the first time, and when she came back, about 8 of her nailbeds had turned brownish, right in the middle, wouldn't come off. It's almost like a hairstylists nails when color stains their nails...but not as dark. Could it be from the UV lamp? She is very fair skinned and red hair, and not been in a UV lamp before, or allergic reaction?? Needless to say, she blames me and Shellac. And it was Negligee, a bottle I have used on many clients without problems....two issues in two weeks. :roll: Anyone have this happen? TIA
~Amy~
On the first client, I'd definitely have her investigate health issues. It could be stress, yeast infection, bladder, it's hard to say but to have it come up this quickly, something's wrong. I'm assuming you've changed nothing in your prep regime to possibly make a difference, right? Otherwise, if you have, try going back to what you were doing, if possible.

The browns spot on the Shellac client sounds like the same thing, just at the beginning stage. I'm not a user of Shellac so I can't give any help in that area.
When I first saw the brown under the shellac, I thought it was beginning of fungus too, but once the shellac was removed, the discoloration was like nothing I've seen before, definitley not fungus or mold. I've had others that have had one or two "loose" shellac and never had fungus with it. I've been licensed for 20 years, never seen this kind of thing, that's why it has me stumped.
For the first client, no, always do the same PREP, I asked about changes in her health, but I will suggest she get things checked out I guess since no one else has had this problem and I've made no changes in routine. Thanks.
~Amy~
I have a couple clients that are prone to greenies. A couple of them are diabetics, and one has several allergy issues. It's only those clients that ever get them so I know it's not from something I'm doing. Ya know? :wink:
Nothing But Nails
Galleria of Salons
123 W 3rd St
Dover, OH 44622
330-827-8878
http://www.beautytech.com/nailtech/vicstips9.htm
Anna
Shellac is formulated with Acetone Soluble Polymers (tiny tunnels) making it removable in 10 minutes with pure acetone. These tiny tunnels allow the acetone to travel all the way down through the coating and finally down to the base layer where the acetone breaks down the “quick-release” polymers releasing Shellac from the natural nail without the use of files or buffers which can be extremely damaging to the natural nail.

http://youtu.be/WoE-ew_S1I0

These tiny tunnels also make Shellac less chemically resistant than gels, liquid & powders or other enhancement products. Make up like liquid foundation, bronzers, household chemicals, etc can get into the tiny tunnels and stain the nails. Usually with some detective work you can figure out the cause. If it is something like make up they could use a brush, bronzers apply Solar Oil before using, sometimes a second topcoats will help repeat offenders.
Holly L Schippers
CND Education Ambassador

FingerNailFixer on Facebook
FingerNailFixer on YouTube

"There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them." - Tom Krause
I am a redhead and fair skinned and have no issues with Shellac turning my nails brown. But I also use mineral powder makeup with a brush. If it was an issue with fair skinned people it would be all of them, not just a few, logically speaking. Sounds like what Holly said about it being makeup could be the issue.
I also would agree that the client with the greenies might just be prone to them. It could be a medical issue, could be her chemical makeup. Of my (at one time) 75 regulars I had, she was the only one that once a month she had one sometimes 2 greenies.. Problem was this one loved french Smile But she also wanted the french to keep an eye on things.. I can;t recall what she eventually did, but I want to say she just gave up on acrylics.. I didnt do gels and I don't know that would have made any difference.. I do know she never had any lifting breakage or anything, this one treasured her nails Smile

If you do gels, try soaking her off, if she can wait a week then get her to do so then lay on a set of killer gels and see how she fairs..
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 949
12-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Last PostMichelleG
Replies: 0
Views: 1,670
02-26-2016, 08:37 PM