You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
additive to polish remover to make it less drying?
I've noticed polish remover with additives to make them less drying... the last gallon I purchased of my usual seems to dry more than it used to, can I add something to buffer it? But of course I still need it to remove polish....

aloe?
water?

I've tried some non-acetones and honestly, some of them were more drying
A dash of glycerin and a couple drops of rose oil or whatever essential oil you lkke. Mix very well.

It's my homemade version of Zoya Remove+ : )
----
Shirley
Scotch Tape & Rhinestones
NYC Based Nail Artist
(10-29-2013, 04:32 PM)scotchtapeandrhinestones Wrote: A dash of glycerin and a couple drops of rose oil or whatever essential oil you lkke. Mix very well.

I always buy Zoya "Remove" when they have the Buy One Get One free bulk sale - going on right now. Then I don't have to worry about mixing my own. Saves time and money. Zoya Remove works great...
(10-29-2013, 04:32 PM)scotchtapeandrhinestones Wrote: A dash of glycerin and a couple drops of rose oil or whatever essential oil you lkke. Mix very well.

I have both, thank you
a dash... like less than a 1/8 teaspoon? a 1/16th?

add to how much? 8 oz?

Thank you...

I hate having to pay for shipping polish remover and local stores anymore, small fortune for Super nail (no longer the quality) and Gabel's is the only recognizable brand... who knows what is in the other off brands...

I tend to add just under a teaspoon to a gallon of acetone. If you add too much it doesn't mix fully with the acetone and it leaves a film on the nails.

I usually get my acetone for $9 a gallon so even with Zoya's BOGO, I save a lot of money. I do love it though but im not crazy about rhe scent
----
Shirley
Scotch Tape & Rhinestones
NYC Based Nail Artist
(10-30-2013, 12:15 PM)scotchtapeandrhinestones Wrote: I tend to add just under a teaspoon to a gallon of acetone. If you add too much it doesn't mix fully with the acetone and it leaves a film on the nails.

I usually get my acetone for $9 a gallon so even with Zoya's BOGO, I save a lot of money. I do love it though but im not crazy about rhe scent

loodie, loodie, loodie has a blog and a recipe for this. She is a PhD Chemist and is a nail care advocate.
(12-20-2013, 07:13 PM)AnnAnn Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 12:15 PM)scotchtapeandrhinestones Wrote: I tend to add just under a teaspoon to a gallon of acetone. If you add too much it doesn't mix fully with the acetone and it leaves a film on the nails.

loodie, loodie, loodie has a blog and a recipe for this. She is a PhD Chemist and is a nail care advocate.

Thank you, will try it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,209
07-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Postlz43my
Replies: 3
Views: 2,319