You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diabetic Client requesting mani/pedi
Hello All,

I recently had a client who requested a mani/pedi for her diabetic mother. After watching my services performed on her daughter, the mother was comfortable and also expressed interest in getting a mani/pedi. I operate all services under sanitary conditions and know enough not to use cuticle nippers on her due to her medical condition, but I was wondering if there are any other parts of the service I should modify or leave out all together.

For those experienced with working with diabetic clients, what precautions do I need to take? What questions should I ask the client? (I already have clients fill out consultation forms and according to her, her doctor has approved a pedicure as long as it is done in a sanitary manner)

One last thing, this client stated she received a toenail fungus years ago from another nail salon and goes monthly to a doctor to get her toenails filed down (They are really thick and uneven so I'm not sure what more I can do aside from shape and polish the nails)

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Have you had any help on this yet?
No I am still awaiting a response. Any help is appreciated.
Giving this post a bump, hopefully this will get a response soon, I'm curious too!
T: mother of 1, nail tech/esthetician student

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling"
I would post this under the Nail Tech forum
I don't get over here as often as I should so I apologize for not responding sooner. I do a LOT of diabetic pedicures and work closely with a local podiatrist. I have an article on my website that I put together for both techs and clients (mainly clients to know what to watch for). You can see it at If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Hope this helps.
Melodie Hand
Clayton/Raleigh, NC
Hi Natural Origins I was going to reply to this thread but I don't need too as Melhand as given you some very good advice in her thread. As a Foot Health Therapist and Beautician I would of adviced you take caution and follow her points in ensuring a safe treatment! X
Hi Natural Origins you have to be always very carefull with diabetic client. They are not allowed to do spa pedicure because of their condition. And you said she had a fungus on her toenail and that is one more thing why she shoulnot have a spa pedicure.