You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diabetic Client requesting mani/pedi
Hello All,

I recently had a client who requested a mani/pedi for her diabetic mother. After watching my services performed on her daughter, the mother was comfortable and also expressed interest in getting a mani/pedi. I operate all services under sanitary conditions and know enough not to use cuticle nippers on her due to her medical condition, but I was wondering if there are any other parts of the service I should modify or leave out all together.

For those experienced with working with diabetic clients, what precautions do I need to take? What questions should I ask the client? (I already have clients fill out consultation forms and according to her, her doctor has approved a pedicure as long as it is done in a sanitary manner)

One last thing, this client stated she received a toenail fungus years ago from another nail salon and goes monthly to a doctor to get her toenails filed down (They are really thick and uneven so I'm not sure what more I can do aside from shape and polish the nails)

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Have you had any help on this yet?
No I am still awaiting a response. Any help is appreciated.
Giving this post a bump, hopefully this will get a response soon, I'm curious too!
T: mother of 1, nail tech/esthetician student

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling"
I would post this under the Nail Tech forum
I don't get over here as often as I should so I apologize for not responding sooner. I do a LOT of diabetic pedicures and work closely with a local podiatrist. I have an article on my website that I put together for both techs and clients (mainly clients to know what to watch for). You can see it at http://www.tickledpinksalon.com/article_...icures.htm If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Hope this helps.
Melodie Hand
Clayton/Raleigh, NC
Hi Natural Origins I was going to reply to this thread but I don't need too as Melhand as given you some very good advice in her thread. As a Foot Health Therapist and Beautician I would of adviced you take caution and follow her points in ensuring a safe treatment! X
Hi Natural Origins you have to be always very carefull with diabetic client. They are not allowed to do spa pedicure because of their condition. And you said she had a fungus on her toenail and that is one more thing why she shoulnot have a spa pedicure.