You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tired of clients thinking that Shellac is
a magic cure. Cleints coming in after three weeks and upset that their nail broke! I just want to say Dah, it's is a gel polish not a miacle polish. Or they think that their nails should never chip with it. The come in and it's been two weeks and I ask how it did and they say, not to well this nail chipped a couple of days ago. I ask them if they are wearing gloves, using cuticle oil and the anwser is always. No. I try to tell them that might help. Sorry just had to vent.
Get Nailed at JB Salon & Day Spa
I feel like when we tell a client lasts up to _____. That they take it upon themselves to interpret that as, pristine condition. No wear, no chips, snags and so on. I feel what your saying and I too get tired of them complaining about it. It is a temporary nail polish replacement meant to last longer than nail polish time which is 3-7 days.
Just kindly smile and nod and say, I agree it would be nice if a product was made that was impervious to life. LOL
Just keep reminding them what it is they are wearing. Not even acrylic and gel will go every time with no chips or breaks. They are not indestructible. Right?
I sooooo agree with this post! I have to remind them what their nails would look like after just a couple days if they wore regular nail polish.

And I hate it when they sit down and have to show you every little nail chip and tell you how they did it.

Well maybe if you werent scraping paint off the walls with your nails you wouldn't have a chip! Hello!!!! :roll:
We must all get the same clients!After they tell me that it only lasted 10 days or less I would ask them "How long does regular polish last on you?
They would day 2-3 days. Then I would say,"Well then I think this is great".
What do they want from us? Miracles?
Its funny because one of my friends just called and was so excited to tell me that she got a mani and pedi last week. I asked her how much she paid and she said about $25 for both. I then asked her how long did the manicure last. She said about 2 days and it started to chip on the edges.
Gee, I'm not surprised. Anyway, if she had used a gel polish it would have at least stayed on longer. Its amazing how people care more about getting a good deal rather than the nails still looking good for a while.
Clients must be the same the world over. I have started telling them that Shellac can last up to two weeks WITH the proper home care.
Holly L Schippers
CND Education Ambassador

FingerNailFixer on Facebook
FingerNailFixer on YouTube

"There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them." - Tom Krause
Not only do they show you every little chip but they have a story for every freakin little chip. Do we really care?????
This post cracked me up.... I've been getting frustrated for a while now. Every little chip has to be examined and explained at great length. They act unhappy with their manicure if three weeks went by and they need another manicure. SHEESH. It's polish! I have started telling new clients not to have UNREALISTIC expectations.... three weeks IS A GOOD thing.
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
FingerNailFixer :
> Clients must be the same the world over. I have started telling them that Shellac
> can last up to two weeks WITH the proper home care.

I'm going to start doing this Holly. Thank you for the great idea!! And that it COULD last up to two weeks. That doesn't mean it HAS to last that long and it depends on what you are doing with your hands.
Great post!, like all the answers specially Holly's. :wink:
freaking fabulous!!!!! Tongue
Another thing to remember is that with regular growth, three weeks is sometimes too long to go between manis. That is unless you can convince your customers to wear their nails a little shorter. Just remind them that it's a balancing act, too much length and they start to get hit more often. And it's the continually pounding that normally finally breaks free and eventually cracks or chips.
sillysoup :
> Not only do they show you every little chip but they have a story for every
> freakin little chip. Do we really care?????

Ok can I say I've been a lurker here at this site for god knows how many years, but this comment right here made me almost spit my coffee out and join this forum!!
God this is soooo true! Because you do have to look at their nails , you don't need a detailed desription of every chip!
Ditto! Maybe all our clients are clones lol!!
Even clients that skip their 2 week appointment, come in after 4 weeks & can't believe the growth & a couple of chips!!! Ugh...
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
I have to agree with all of you. Just had a new client call for the Shellac, Yes I do Shellac what color were you thinking of trying? Oh I want a french. Really! Why is it every new person that comes in wants a $&* french. I have all these lovely colors and they want a french. Or when they leave I tell them that in the first couples days if they are having any problems please call. Well one girl did because she broke her nail. The polish didn't chip, but her nail broke. Like that was my fault! Oh well like my mom always said, smile and don't let them know what you are thinking.
I even give them instructions on how to take care of them at home.
To any nail techs that are also cosmo's, that tell the client that the Shellac will make their nails stronger, and unfortunately the client believes it until they start getting soft, weak, and break...then they can't understand why this is happening, since the Shellac is "supposed" to make them "stronger"!!! :evil:
LOVE the life you live, Live the life you LOVE...
JackieO
Elizabeth, IL
other e-mail:[email protected]
I make sure Every. Single. One. of my Shellac clients knows that this is not going to add any strength to their nails, period, end of story. It's a polish that's been designed to last up to 14 days with good home maintenance. And then I tell them what that maintenance includes. I also tell them that if they pick off the polish, they are damaging the top layer of their nail which bonds with the product, and that subsequent applications may not work as well. That way they understand they have some accountability and that they should not be blaming the product, or me, if it fails for them.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I was just venting. After being in the biz for more then 37 yrs. The first thing I do is research every product that I use. The sheet that I hand every client tells them how to take care of their polish and not something that will make their nails stronger. Yes you are right it will damage the nail if they pick,peel, or chew. If they follow the instuctions that I give they will not have any problems.
doxangell50 :
> I was just venting. After being in the biz for more then 37 yrs. The first
> thing I do is research every product that I use. The sheet that I hand every
> client tells them how to take care of their polish and not something that
> will make their nails stronger. Yes you are right it will damage the nail if
> they pick,peel, or chew. If they follow the instuctions that I give they will
> not have any problems.
Where do you gat the instuctions ,for care,I would like to send some care sheets home with my clents
Thanks
manicures that last, that is the site. Eco nail system. Go to all articles. Look for gel polish home care hand out. I just printed it out and made copies. It tells basically everything they need to know. I give this to them and add my own instructions. Hopes this helps.
Soo true, or they think that every Gel Polish there is out there is named Shellac... lol
That is true!
Yeah! That's true, I get so sick of explaining it! The owner of the salon even wrote about 'getting shellaced' on our website page!
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
Unfortunately just like the word Kleenex, Shellac has yes, become synonymous with a gel polish application. CND did an awesome job of getting the word out to the consumer, for that I am grateful. We are a little guilty also because of the we we initially advertised the Magic Manicure, 14 day No-Chip, etc..

It is our job to educate without alienating! It boils down I think to how we present the service and what their expectations of wear will be. If you do a good consultation, you should be able to tell the client they can "reasonably expect" as far as wear.

The home care article you were looking for is at:
Gel Polish Home Care Handout
Need to educate your clients on the care of their new Gel Polish Application? Try this article
Lorraine, webgirl
http://www.ManicuresThatLast.com
eco Soak Off UV Gel Polish No Solvents, Double the Size - Same Price!
Cinapro Nail Creations - New Art Kits!
http://www.ScentualSpaProducts.com
Cuccio Natural - Enhance the Spa Experience
Free Shipping on all orders over $75
Many of my clients decide to do what I call the "strengthening" gel manicure. I use a hard gel first - very thin, not like an enhancement, just like a gloss coat, then the color on top. I'm not sure if Shellac is flexible enough since some do get chips but with the colors I use from akzentz, the balance of hard and flex allows them to go 4 weeks without breaks and chips - and without maintenance at home. I'm also able to zip off the color with my efile and the hard gel base keeps the nail from getting hot, and it also protects the natural nails since I don't remove that thin layer of hard gel. I teach this method at a lot of trade shows, if you want to see it check it out this summer in Orlando or Vegas. Wink
Jessica Hoel
Nail Professional
Akzentz Distributor & Educator
http://www.luvnailz.com
Yep, have to agree that CND has done an excellent job of marketing their product where everyone is asking for it by name!! It gets repetitive trying to explain to people that there is a difference. But there is a difference in redirecting someone to what product you do use and trying to deceive people by making them think they are getting the product they asked for, which is what is going on at most of the nail factories.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 4,079
10-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Last Postsillysoup
Replies: 15
Views: 16,869
02-15-2012, 12:17 AM