You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Essie gel
I'm surprised that I haven't seen any threads about the new essie gel on here. Well, I wasn't going to invest in it as I already have shellac, gelish, and cuccio, but walked into my local salon centric, and there they were, so I bought a few. Let me tell you guys, they are AWESOME!! I went back and bought more and also purchased their lamp. They have beautiful colors, go on nice and even with no streaking, love the applicator brush, nice consistency, love the size of the bottles, no flooding the cap with polish (like it happens to me with shellac), cures with LED, beautiful shine, wears nice, and good removal (much faster than cuccio and gelish!) I'm converted! Getting rid of all my gelish polishes soon! Try it you guys, you'll be converted too! :-)
(10-17-2013, 10:07 AM)kelznailz Wrote: I'm surprised that I haven't seen any threads about the new essie gel on here. Well, I wasn't going to invest in it as I already have shellac, gelish, and cuccio, but walked into my local salon centric, and there they were, so I bought a few. Let me tell you guys, they are AWESOME!! I went back and bought more and also purchased their lamp. They have beautiful colors, go on nice and even with no streaking, love the applicator brush, nice consistency, love the size of the bottles, no flooding the cap with polish (like it happens to me with shellac), cures with LED, beautiful shine, wears nice, and good removal (much faster than cuccio and gelish!) I'm converted! Getting rid of all my gelish polishes soon! Try it you guys, you'll be converted too! :-)

I too am trying it out and just bought the one color but totally agree! I love how thin it is but good coverage and so far it is wearing well! I am excited to try more colors and I love the lamp. Hoping this will be my new go to gel polish!
(10-17-2013, 10:07 AM)kelznailz Wrote: I'm surprised that I haven't seen any threads about the new essie gel on here. Well, I wasn't going to invest in it as I already have shellac, gelish, and cuccio, but walked into my local salon centric, and there they were, so I bought a few. Let me tell you guys, they are AWESOME!! I went back and bought more and also purchased their lamp. They have beautiful colors, go on nice and even with no streaking, love the applicator brush, nice consistency, love the size of the bottles, no flooding the cap with polish (like it happens to me with shellac), cures with LED, beautiful shine, wears nice, and good removal (much faster than cuccio and gelish!) I'm converted! Getting rid of all my gelish polishes soon! Try it you guys, you'll be converted too! :-)

Can you tell me the size on the new Essie Lamp?I cannot find dimensions. Also, do you know what how many LED watts it is?I am really interested in getting this LED lamp.

Thanks,

Marisol

Be as creative as you can be and you will never be ordinary!
I'm actually at the airport right now, but I'd be happy to answer your questions when I'm back in the salon on tues.
Yes that would be great.

thanks.
I agree! I just happened to see it at SalonCentric too and bought some colors and so far love it! Definitely goes on like a million bucks! I'm wondering about the times for curing under a 36watt uv light? Also I bought the OPI led light wonder what the cute time is for under that? How much is the Essie LED light? How about removal time? Has it been just as easy as the competition?
Gina, nail tech. NC
Just wondering if any of you have had problems with Essie gel not staying on? I've had about 3 people come back to tell me that the Essie gel peeled off within days. I've also had many that love it.

I use Gelish as well as CND Shellac and I know to put on thin layers, cap edges, etc., but just seem to be several complaints with the Essie.

I haven't been able to find much feedback, so any would be appreciated - good or bad.

Thanks!
tired the color Well Collected and it sucked! It did go on well, but it changed color. It went to a nasty yellow color on half of the nail and the other half stayed the same color. weird. It happened on everyone I put it on. will not be investing in this brand.
thx for letting me know. I have Well ollected and seemed to go on fine for me - it just seems to be having the product last. I am using the 9LED Gelish lamp and wondering if that has anything to do with it?
Do you need to buy different led lamps for different brands of gel polish? Sorry if my ques
Its a gray Area of opinions- MFG & experts say absolutely...
Yet a large part of techs say they don't with no issues....
Ok, thanks!
could you please share the steps you need to follow for a proper application?do you have to buff the nail or not?have you tried to mix it with other brabds (base and top)
Just got a Essie Gel Demo the other day at a store. The rep was very knowledgeable about the Essie line.

A Gel line that is actually good for your nails and protects them.

Pros
I think the Essie Gel line is a really great product. Essie gel is not only gel like the others but it is actually good for your nails. With all the vitamins like B5 and E, it keeps your nail strong. The Essie LED light is quite a machine. My sister has one, and she is loving this thing. Automatic sensors as soon as you put your hand in. The plastic is pretty thick compared to a lot of other competitor brands.

Cons
A whole lot of people complained that the gel is very hard to take off, but to tell everyone the truth, you have to use their whole entire system. The reason for that is because they are not using the whole entire system by Essie. Regular acetone does not have the vitamins and can damage the nails.That includes their base, top, color gel, lamp, remover and cleanser. They infused all the vitamins in all the products.

I found a site that you can buy the Essie gel polishes and the Essie led lamp with 10% off.

PM me if anyone is interested, don't really know if i'm allowed to spit out websites and coupons.
(01-22-2014, 01:16 PM)tsita78 Wrote: could you please share the steps you need to follow for a proper application?do you have to buff the nail or not?have you tried to mix it with other brabds (base and top)

My sister tried mixing the gelish base and top with the essie colors... it was really hard to take off. The essie rep the other day told us that you have to use their full line to get the best of it. Tried what she said and it came off a okay.
Once again, what good does putting vitamin E, B5, etc on dead keratin (nail plate)? Your not supposed to get any of the gel base, color, or top on your skin. In fact you are to take great pains not to get it on any skin.

Does it really help to have these things infused in a gel polish system?
(01-24-2014, 02:15 PM)kkgunn Wrote: Once again, what good does putting vitamin E, B5, etc on dead keratin (nail plate)? Your not supposed to get any of the gel base, color, or top on your skin. In fact you are to take great pains not to get it on any skin.

Does it really help to have these things infused in a gel polish system?

Aiming to leave nails in good condition even after removal, a keratin-care technology is utilized in each step, and the formula contains pro-vitamins B5 and E for fortification and hydration.
What kind of lamp did you buy?
PJTongue
Can Essie gel be cured in UV light or just LED?
Hi. I'm new here.
Yes I bought the ENTIRE essie system and have used the products EXACTLY as recommended.

Pros
LOVE the colors
Love the light
Love the application

Cons
Takes FOREVER to remove. I am used to CND Shellac and Gelish which remove nicely.
But essie is so hard to remove:(
Also, I used the color "sweeten the deal" and it literally faded from a bright coral to a light light peach color!
Yikes.

Anyone else??
(01-23-2014, 06:56 PM)lilsquirrel428 Wrote: Just got a Essie Gel Demo the other day at a store. The rep was very knowledgeable about the Essie line.

Pros
I think the Essie Gel line is a really great product. Essie gel is not only gel like the others but it is actually good for your nails. With all the vitamins like B5 and E, it keeps your nail strong. The Essie LED light is quite a machine. My sister has one, and she is loving this thing. Automatic sensors as soon as you put your hand in. The plastic is pretty thick compared to a lot of other competitor brands.

Can vitamins be absorbed through the nail plate?

https://www.facebook.com/GelishOfficialP...0430857190

[quote='gelpro' pid='34756' dateline='1410206500']
[quote='lilsquirrel428' pid='33011' dateline='1390517786']
Just got a Essie Gel Demo the other day at a store. The rep was very knowledgeable about the Essie line.

Pros

Can vitamins be absorbed through the nail plate?

https://www.facebook.com/GelishOfficialP...0430857190

http://schoonscientific.com/downloads/My...-03-14.pdf
I know this is an older post. Does anyone know if the Essie LED lamp cure LED hard gels? I use hard gels that can be cured under LED lamps and am interested to know if the Essie lamp cures the hard gels.

Thanks,

Marisol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 3,261
09-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Last PostNurse nail tech
Replies: 0
Views: 1,385
12-04-2013, 12:31 AM