You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doing nails and waxing
Hi! I am looking to add waxing to my nail salon that I run out of my house. I live in New York State and they have a waxing only license I would like to get. Does anyone do nails and also wax? Is it worth your time to actually wax? How much do you charge for your services? Thanks so much!
OMG! You can make more money in waxing in minutes compared to nails if you are good. My good friend specializes in body waxing. She can do a brazilian in a few minutes and does charge the cheapest price of $40. A lip takes less than 5 minutes.
How much is the license going to cost you? How much of your time is it going to take?
If you google salons in local area and go onto their sites you can see what they charge.
Waxing is so worth it, if I could only do nails and not waxing I would. The money is impeccable. Easy and fast but sillysoup I wonder what kind of a job your friend does for a few minutes brazilian for 40 bucks. I charge 50 and I do it in 30-45 minutes.. I am making sure within that time that not one hair is visible to me or my clients.
Celly jump on in with the waxing, you'll see the difference in money.

I can do a brow and lip wax and that's 17 bucks in 15 minutes..plus my tip..good luck.
aj
I'm a licensed cosmetologist and offer nails and waxing services. I make more money faster doing waxing. Take some classes and watch some DVDs (Lori Nestore has a great speed waxing DVD). When nails are slow in te winter, you can wax all year round. Keeping your wax client in a cycle makes waxing them easier to wax and also keeps the money coming in! Clients who wax should do so every 4-6 weeks depending on the time of year and their hair growth. I specialize in bikini waxing...great money for a 20 -30 minute service. I charge $65 for Brazilian, $45 for French Bikini, and $25 for a Classic Bikini wax. I always give a special rate for new clients and those who come every 4-5 weeks.

Best of luck!!

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
I never thought of it money wise- I am SOoooo scared of waxing! I have to get past the fear of "hurting" someone-- geeze I still feel that way with nipping, filing & using Efile- and (knock on wood) I haven't hurt anyone - I ask if they are feeling anything uncomfortable or if they are OK.

I'll need to re-think waxing-- Eye brow is my biggest FEAR & haven't done bikini or leg! Yikes - more videos to watch!!!
Yes in NY you have to have a certificate to wax and everyone I know that does say that it is well worth it..

We have several REALLY good waxing videos starting at $9.95 in the BeautyTech Shoppe.. just click the image to go...
[Image: jw_female.jpg]

Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

(10-16-2013, 09:30 PM)[email protected] Wrote: I never thought of it money wise- I am SOoooo scared of waxing! I have to get past the fear of "hurting" someone-- geeze I still feel that way with nipping, filing & using Efile- and (knock on wood) I haven't hurt anyone - I ask if they are feeling anything uncomfortable or if they are OK.

I'll need to re-think waxing-- Eye brow is my biggest FEAR & haven't done bikini or leg! Yikes - more videos to watch!!!

You can't be scared. It's going to hurt you're removing hair from the follicle. Remember they know this, and they're paying you to do it. A good waxer gets them on and off the table fast. Trust me they want it over as fast as possible, don't stop and ask them if they're ok it waste time (clients that are used to having it done will probably get annoyed) and you're psyching them out. Most of the fear is mental. Be positive especially if doing a bikini wax or Brazilian. Say things like "you're doing great!" "the hair is coming out really well!" "You already got through the worse part!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 2,135
01-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Last Postkristenross09