You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone using an efile to remove gel polish?
(10-28-2011, 11:49 PM)sillysoup Wrote: so glad to hear this! I confess, I just did it for the first time lst week. I was running late and just did it. She didn't even realize or question me. But, the next client was so nervous. She said, "oh, i'm afraid". That was the end of that. I wrapped her up and scraped it off and had a whole conversation in my head. I am very careful and make sure not to damage the natural nail. I know it is not what we should be doing but I was so on time after her.

That's the only way I've removed gel polish for the past 2 years. I learned a trick from Amy Becker that keeps my clients gel polish lasting for 4+ weeks.

I layer 3-4 coats of clear base gel polish, then proceed on with color gel polish & top coat as usual. When it's time to remove it, I use a gel polish bit & take it down just till I hit the clear, cushiony layer of base gel.

Then I shape, buff the edges & reapply 1-2 coats clear base gel polish & the rest as usual. It's like doing a fill in only using gel polish. Works fabulously!

As for the nervous nellies......you run the show, not them. I ease them into it by explaining what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, which bit is proper, how I've taken many classes on e-files, etc. I'll even run the diamond sciver bit I use (to clean up around the cuticles) across the back of my hand to show them how there's no pain when used correctly.

I've only had 1 person who insisted that I hand file everything & I advised her that she'd need to find a new tech then because the e-file has saved my fingers, hands, arms & shoulders from needless wear & tear, which has allowed me to continue doing nails for 29 years without any carpal tunnel issues or other surgeries.

When you use a good e-file, it runs as smooth as butter with NO vibration. All my clients are used to it now & it makes removing gel polish MUCH easier.

I only efile if they have acrylic or hard gel underneath. Otherwise i soak.
Angela
Angel
(06-26-2016, 12:33 AM)Jill in Ky Wrote: That's the only way I've removed gel polish for the past 2 years. I learned a trick from Amy Becker that keeps my clients gel polish lasting for 4+ weeks.

I layer 3-4 coats of clear base gel polish, then proceed on with color gel polish & top coat as usual. When it's time to remove it, I use a gel polish bit & take it down just till I hit the clear, cushiony layer of base gel.

Then I shape, buff the edges & reapply 1-2 coats clear base gel polish & the rest as usual. It's like doing a fill in only using gel polish. Works fabulously!

As for the nervous nellies......you run the show, not them. I ease them into it by explaining what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, which bit is proper, how I've taken many classes on e-files, etc. I'll even run the diamond sciver bit I use (to clean up around the cuticles) across the back of my hand to show them how there's no pain when used correctly.

I've only had 1 person who insisted that I hand file everything & I advised her that she'd need to find a new tech then because the e-file has saved my fingers, hands, arms & shoulders from needless wear & tear, which has allowed me to continue doing nails for 29 years without any carpal tunnel issues or other surgeries.

When you use a good e-file, it runs as smooth as butter with NO vibration. All my clients are used to it now & it makes removing gel polish MUCH easier.

Jill I was wondering what brand gel base do you use? Gelish layered makes the polish just peel right off lol. Or at least that happened to me when I tried to do two layers!
Hello,
Can you tell me what a gel bit is and where can i order one?
thanks!

Yes every time! Its fast amd effective and will not cause damage to the natural nail, just make sure you are well trained with your e-file.
Vicki peters taught me well!! Young nails carbide bits are amazing! Also a safety bit !! Try it!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,305
11-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Last Postyou'vegotnail!
Replies: 10
Views: 8,233
09-23-2014, 10:53 AM