You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not loving Vinylux and have client coming in today! HELP PLEASE
bought romantiqe and white for french...1st coat is slightly streaky, dries almost clear. but then i add a second coat and the streaking is ridiculous! ive tried applying thin, didnt work so well. so i applied a little thicker.still streaky! i put 4 coats on myself just to get rid of the streaks, which of course does not take 8 min to dry with that many layers.
Tried it on a client yesterday...1st coat on all 10 fingers. 2nd coat on all 10, applied thicker than 1st coat to camo streaks. applied white and idk if its drying to quick, but it gums up very quickly and does not go on smooth for me. Apply top coat and the pink and the white are now being pulled from the top coat brush cause its not dry.
Am i supposed to wait for a certain amount of time between coats? i thought it was applied like reg polish. let dry for 8 minutes and they were somewhat dry to the touch but would still dent. I am using scrubfresh but what am I doing wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0TKT8c3db0
(09-26-2013, 11:09 AM)getnailed20 Wrote: bought romantiqe and white for french...1st coat is slightly streaky, dries almost clear. but then i add a second coat and the streaking is ridiculous! ive tried applying thin, didnt work so well. so i applied a little thicker.still streaky! i put 4 coats on myself just to get rid of the streaks, which of course does not take 8 min to dry with that many layers.
Tried it on a client yesterday...1st coat on all 10 fingers. 2nd coat on all 10, applied thicker than 1st coat to camo streaks. applied white and idk if its drying to quick, but it gums up very quickly and does not go on smooth for me. Apply top coat and the pink and the white are now being pulled from the top coat brush cause its not dry.
Am i supposed to wait for a certain amount of time between coats? i thought it was applied like reg polish. let dry for 8 minutes and they were somewhat dry to the touch but would still dent. I am using scrubfresh but what am I doing wrong?

In regards to it gumming up, all I can say is that one of the most amazing qualities about vinylux is that it is completely dry in 8 minutes. Unfortunately that means you need to be a fast polisher or your polish will start drying while you're still applying. Because of dealing with gel polishes so much, some people develop a tendency to go over the polish again and again until it's perfect. Not so with Vinylux. It'll gum up and start to drag. Try to keep your polishing to 3 fast strokes. If you also take too long polishing your top coat will be too thick to use once it's halfway down the bottle because the solvents evaporate fast.

Also I was going to PM you or try to email you but I don't see the option on this site, but I'm not sure if you've heard of salon geek. It's a UK based forum but there are many people there who use cnd as a system and swear by it. In addition to this board, they might be able to also help answer some of your questions. There are some very knowledgeable and fantastic people there as well.
I may be too late to assist you - but I prefer negligee for the French pink. And, yes you need to stroke very little and apply liberally. Opposite to the SOGP and extended wear polishes.
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,358
03-22-2015, 09:31 PM