You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for gloves that hold up to acetone
I found a brand that does hold up to acetone but can't seem to find out how or where to get them. The brand is Lagrottaus. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to buy in bulk.
Robin Stopper Renner
Nails by Robin/R.S.Innovations, LLC.
Mount Dora, Florida
http://www.wrist-assist.com
[email protected]
(09-04-2013, 01:13 PM)Wrist-Assist Robin Wrote: I found a brand that does hold up to acetone but can't seem to find out how or where to get them. The brand is Lagrottaus. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to buy in bulk.

I use regular, disposable latex gloves and the acetone never eats through them. I get 100 in a box for about $5 or $6 at my local nail supply. I would think that any latex glove will do.
I don't use latex for a few reasons. One, many people are allergic to latex. Another is that I've found they don't really hold up to acetone or the scrub I use for pedis. They always got holes in them.

I use the blue or purple nitrile gloves that I can get at either Walmart or Sam's club. Sam's has a better price but since I'm not a member, I only get them when one of my friends goes and I ask if she can pick up a few boxes for me.Other than that they are about $10 for 100 of them. I just have figured the cost of them in to my price point. I like the nitrile gloves because they don't have a powder in them. I get a reaction from the powder.

I use gloves for just about everything (except doing nails) from cleaning to pedis and cleaning the pedi chair.

editing to add:

I found this for you, Robin:
http://www.zezoo.com/lagrotta-azzurra-di...116/en_US/

Is this what you meant?
Thank you for the info girls.
Hamonysky: Thank you so much for finding that link. Those were exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the Walmart and Sam's tip also. You made my day. Smile
Robin Stopper Renner
Mount Dora, Florida
[email protected]
Now I have a question. Over the past two years or so I've tried a few different nitrile gloves. I know nitrile is supposed to withstand acetone but I find that while nothing visually happens to the glove (no holes/tears/etc) my polish will still melt as if I wasn't wearing gloves. I hope I explained that well. Anyone else have that problem? I just had my boss order me more gloves (yet another brand) so I guess for now I'll just double up.
I bought the purple nitrile (curad brand) gloves from Walmart and they work great! Thanks again for the tip Harmonysky! I'm wearing gel so I'm not sure if the polish would melt through them or not. I've had that happen in the past.
Robin Stopper Renner
Mount Dora, Florida
[email protected]
I've never had any problem with my gel polish with the nitrile gloves.

The only effect I feel is sometime, if I have a hangnail, when I get acetone on the glove, the hangnail stings. It's odd because the glove doesn't melt or tear.

I can't explain it but they work! If it ain't broke..you know!

Glad I could help, Robin!

By the way, I'm Sharon O'Rourke Frenz on Facebook. When I got this account years ago, I was still going by my screen name for privacy reasons. Now, well, I want people to know me! LOL!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,503
03-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Last PostFileFileSnipSnip
Replies: 7
Views: 4,202
06-09-2014, 04:49 PM