You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CND Lifting on only one client
Problem is, the client is my sister-in-law so i gotta keep her happy! LOL

Any suggestions on an L.P. product that might stick to her better? She is litterally the only nail client I have that has a lifting problem with the CND line. She says it doesnt bother her, but it bothers me because it reflects in me.
Have you tried priming twice? It's a bit extreme and some don't recommend it, but for problem lifters, it worth a try. Where's the lifting occuring at?
I have one of those clients too, we switched up everything trying to figure it out. Ask her if she has noticed a change in her hair and/skin. Mine was a change in medication that affected her systemically. (She even had to change hair color) The problem resolved after her body adjusted to the new meds and we started using No Lift with the Creative. It took about 3 months.
I havent primed twice on her but I'll try it when she comes in friday. She lifts from the cuticle area, and only on her middle fingers. and once it starts, she picks away. I dont e-file on her because she's figity so I'm always scared to clip her with it.
She does different glitters everytime she comes in, so we start fresh far more often that she'll get a fill. she is convinced that maybe she's just oily? I almost wonder if maybe she's dried out from acetone.... would that cause lifting?
ShawnaMayo :
> I havent primed twice on her but I'll try it when she comes in friday. She
> lifts from the cuticle area, and only on her middle fingers. and once it starts,
> she picks away. I dont e-file on her because she's figity so I'm always scared
> to clip her with it.
> She does different glitters everytime she comes in, so we start fresh far more
> often that she'll get a fill. she is convinced that maybe she's just oily?
> I almost wonder if maybe she's dried out from acetone.... would that cause
> lifting?

What are you using for primer? Just scrub fresh? You might also want to add nail fresh to the mix. Other then that you might have a go with Gel on her.
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
Quote:What are you using for primer? Just scrub fresh? You might also want to add nail fresh to the mix. Other then that you might have a go with Gel on her.

Oh really!?! I would have never thought gel would be better for lifting than acrylic. Would someone like to explain that to me?
I have, or should I say had, 2 problem lifters. On one I had to switch her to gels. I was amazed that she had no lifting last time I saw her! My other client is still acrylics... But instead of using protein bond I use no lift on her and she's having no problems ;-)
Good luck on getting those to stick!!
Kelly
Kelly
we may try gels when she comes in this week... depends on what she wants done to them.
Shawna, you said she's lifting on her middle finger.....on her dominant hand? I've got the same problem, I've got a writer's bump there, lots of callus build up plus now my brushes rest in exactly the same spot. In acrylic, I always lifted there. I think it might be the pressure of how hard I held my pen, and now my brushes. I think it forces the nail down away from the product, plus that area just plain makes more skin because of the callus and pressure.

I've been doing mostly gel now for the last 10 years and yes, there's waaaay less lifting with gel than acrylic.
i'm going to take before and after shots of her hands friday if can remember. I'll try to post them. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 7
Views: 15,195
07-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Last PostGwenRowan
Replies: 1
Views: 1,574
06-24-2016, 08:44 PM