You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cleaning up smile lines
a couple months ago I bought the Artisan Grand Master French Designer Brush #8 from the NailSuperStore ...the first couple times I used it, I loved it - but now, it seems like it has lost its magic ...the bristles separate making my smile line feathery instead of crisp - I am doing pretty good with freehanding it but need to touch up a couple lines in any given manicure - do any of you have a favorite brush? I wonder if it's my technique but it worked great the first few times ...it doesn't appear that it is damaged in any way. I dip it in alcohol before swiping my line, & make sure the brush isn't too wet - any thoughts/suggestions?
(talking gel)
the best things in life, aren't things ...
The alcohol could be drying out the bristles, causing them to separate. Maybe adding a touch of oil to the end of the brush after you're done will help to condition the bristles. I'm just guessing at this so I'm not sure it's going to work. The bristles are made from hair, and just think how our hair would look if we dipped it in alcohol and didn't do some serious conditioning afterwards.
I'll give it a try! Thanks for the suggestion!
That happened to me with my cnd oval although its still fine for overlays. I can't afford to keep buying fresh ones. I think for gel and gel polish to clean up the smile line it is easier to use the corner a square brush. The edge is more reliable...I guess.
I think that Donna's right, the alcohol is likely drying out your bristles. I don't ever clean my gel brushes with anything, simply pinch the gel out of them with a lint free wipe and store away from light. I have specific brushes for specific duties: 1 for my clear & pink sculpting gels, 1 for whites, 1 for color gels, 1 for glitter gels and one for swiping smile lines.
Also, LE has a smile line brush that makes swiping those smile lines SO Easy!
Hope this helps. Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
I second Darcy on the smile line brush. It's the best!
Robin Stopper Renner
Nails by Robin/R.S.Innovations, LLC.
Mount Dora, Florida
http://www.wrist-assist.com
[email protected]
Darcy and Robin on point...the LE Smile Line Brush is AMAZING!!! Definitely an must-have in your collection, especially if you do a lot of French Manicures.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
I took a look at the LE smile line brush ... it's different than the others - do you work it any particular way or do I just figure out what feels right to me? Any tips? Just kinda 'draw it' along the edge maybe?

I love a French mani on myself ...when I'm wearing it, it's what all my clients ask for! Thanks all!
I've seen it used all different ways. I prefer to use the long side and "draw it" along the edge just like loribe said.
Robin Stopper Renner
Nails by Robin/R.S.Innovations, LLC.
Mount Dora, Florida
http://www.wrist-assist.com
[email protected]
HI I AM NEW TO THE FORUM,AND I STILL NAVIGATING THE SITE ,I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH SOME OF MY BRUSHES ,BUT I FOUND A PRODUCT CALL SHAPER BY ORGANIC NAILS AND I HAVE USE IT WITH GOOD RESULTS IF THE BRUSH IS STILL IN DESEND SHAPE
The smile line brush is one of those that you play around with and use however it feels best for you. I usually use the short side of the brush, start above my smile line just left of center of nail, slide it down toward smile line While pulling it to my right and swipe the right side of smile in. Pinch it in dry, lint free wipe and do the same to finish the left side.
I know some are able to swipe from upper left 'ear' down around and up to right 'ear' in one swipe, but that's not me, I cannot get them perfectly crisp and even that way. Wink
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 5
Views: 2,222
09-24-2015, 07:44 PM
Last Post[email protected]
Replies: 3